Cricut Monogram Cupcake Wrappers

Baking By cserr4 Updated 23 Feb 2010 , 7:11am by nwnest

cserr4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserr4 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 12

I recently bought a cricut and would like to use it for making cupcake wrappers. Is there a tutorial on how to do this? I want to make one that has bride and groom initials(for their engagement party)

Thanks!

11 replies
Nytepyre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nytepyre Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 6:08am
post #2 of 12

I don't have an answer, but I'd be interested in hearing some? I hope it does what you're looking for. Do you have a back-up plan?

cserr4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserr4 Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:14am
post #3 of 12

Back up plan- hmmm i was going to look for some hole punches in the craft store with the initial of the bride and groom. then use a template for the wrapper. get some pretty paper and maybe use some shaped scissors for the edge?

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:31am
post #4 of 12

If you use a cricut to cut the wrappers, how would you put the monogram on? By hand? or is there a way to have the cricut do it.?

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:40am
post #5 of 12

you can do it with the cricut if you have the surecutsalot program and use your pc with the cricut

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:58am
post #6 of 12

What kind of paper would you use?

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 3:25am
post #7 of 12

I know how to do this, but you have to have the lasted verison of scal or inkscape ( i dont know how to do it in inkscape , just scal)

you should check out this video

http://svgcuts.com/blog/?p=4929

all you have to do is take the cupcake wrapper svg, type the initials in whatever font you want and use the path menu to click on the Exclusion buttom.

the video explains how to use that feature.

If youre havng trouble with it. I'd be happy to do it for you

hope that helps

kayla1505 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 7:46am
post #8 of 12

blah i meant latest verison of scal

kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 7:04pm
post #9 of 12

I am thinking of getting one too. Right now I cut them out by hand and use scalloped scissors and a glue runner and now I have come across the problem of the glue not being strong enough for alot of the different paper I use and it takes about an hour to do just 25. I had an order this weekend and the wrappers kept coming apart after I glued them with the glur runner and then I used a glue stick and that didin't work so then I had to use craft glue, it was so time consuming and then I was worried that they were going to pop open after I gave her them it would be nice to use the cricut since you can get it cut with the notch on the sides. Does anyone have some saved cupcake wrapper files they would like to share in case I do get one, or know of a good site to get some?

kayla1505 Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 6:33am
post #10 of 12

I think the sketches and patterns gallery there are a few differant cupcake wrappers.

you guys should also check out this link, there a cupcake wrapper to d/l and it shows you how to use inkscape to alter it

http://pennyduncancreations.com/PDC%20Inkscape%20Creating%20Cup%20Cake%20Wrapper.htm

JudyDP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JudyDP Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 6:47am
post #11 of 12

kayla1505....Thank You so much for taking the time to respond with the links!

nwnest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nwnest Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 7:11am
post #12 of 12

kileyscakes, have you tried using Glue Dots? They are a little time-consuming to apply, but they stick immediately and are pretty reliable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%