New York City - Baking Supplies

Decorating By shebellas Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 10:23pm by jmr531

shebellas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebellas Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 6

So I'm from Michigan and there aren't a ton of baking supply places in my area (and if there are they don't have huge selections). I am traveling to Manhattan in April and wondering if anyone knows of any great places in New York for cake/cookie supplies?

Thanks!

5 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 6

http://www.nycake.com/ I spent more $$$ there than any other store in the big apple! icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

ChefAngie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefAngie Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 6

NYCAKE-AWESOME PLACE.
JB PRINCE-CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE BEFORE YOU GO.
I ORDER FROM BOTH.
HAPPY BAKING AND DECORATING,
CHEF ANGIE

chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 10:01pm
post #4 of 6

NYCAKE has a looooot of stuff, but just be careful, it is very expensive! And the staff has been kinda rude and unhelpful on more than one ocassion. That being said, they will probably have whatever you want and that is always a plus! I just wanted to pre warn you, hopefully you have a best case scenario and the staff is feeling nice and helpful that day! LOL!

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 10:16pm
post #5 of 6

They are more expensive than where I go. There is a big warehouse in Queens. Pm me if you want more info.

jmr531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmr531 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 10:23pm
post #6 of 6

I agree with all that chrissypie stated. I go to NYCAKE only when I don't have time to order from anywhere else.

You can also try Pfeil and Holding: www.cakedeco.com. They have a shop in Queens, NY. You can even call in your order if you like.

I've never been to Patty Cakes, but you can try that store too. It is also in Queens, NY: www.pattycakes.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%