Diamond Pattern On Fondant?

Decorating By cardicard Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 9:07pm by cardicard

cardicard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cardicard Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 6

how do you do a diamond pattern on fondant, is it an embossing mat or is it done some other way? i would be grateful for any advice, thanks icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1588666.html

i am not sure if this is how you get to see the cake i am refering to, if not the cake is of a childs bed and done by cooke13

5 replies
DLo912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DLo912 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 6

You want to buy an impression mat to make that design. I'm not sure which stores/websites you would want to use to get them in the UK, but in the US, you can get them from globalsugarart.com or countrykitchensa.com. They are usually between $5-$10. I have also seen decorators make the pattern themselves with a ruler and either a pizza cutter or stitching wheel tool. You just have to measure and make sure everything lines up how it is supposed to. I personally use the mat to ensure that it is even. HTH! : )

cardicard Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 6

thank you for the reply, i will go on ebay and have a look on the squires sugar craft website. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

nwnest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nwnest Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 7:42pm
post #4 of 6

Also look for " diamond quilting marker " which is a series of diamond sized cutters linked together, which is another way to do it.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 7:53pm
post #5 of 6

I like the diamond quilting marker best for fondant and the impression mat for buttercream. I have also used a small diamond cutter, but you have to have a good eye to keep it straight with that method.

cardicard Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 9:07pm
post #6 of 6

thank you everybody for your advice, icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%