Post Your Giant Cupcake Ideas And Pictures!

Baking By cakesbybeccam Updated 10 Mar 2010 , 6:27am by juleebug

cakesbybeccam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybeccam Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 10

I'm looking for pictures and ideas for the giant cup cake pan! Thanks icon_biggrin.gif [/b]

9 replies
AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 10

Go to the galleries and do a search for giant cupcake. You'll find a bunch of them. icon_smile.gif

jocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jocakes Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 12:34am
post #3 of 10

I have one picture in my gallery, giant cupcake pan used to make the cupcake house..

evie1278 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evie1278 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbybeccam

I'm looking for pictures and ideas for the giant cup cake pan! Thanks icon_biggrin.gif [/b]

I have one in the gallery.. I did two giant cupcake as a dolls for my twin nieces birthday.

Goonergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goonergirl Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 6:05pm
post #5 of 10

I have 3 in my gallery. Two stand alone giant cupcakes, and one used as the top of a 3 tier topsy turvy.

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 6:19pm
post #6 of 10

here is my first try at it, I needed to spend more time on it, I was not really in the mood since our son was not feeling good and crying and hubby was not in a good mood either. But when a cake is due a cake is due
LL

BeanCountingBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeanCountingBaker Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 6:39pm
post #7 of 10

I haven't purchased the giant cupcake pan yet. I am considering getting it to make a circus tent for a circus theme birthday. I think it may be necessary to trim the cake or adjust the amount of batter in the top section. I am also wondering about inverting the base to make the bottom taper outward like the bottom of the tent should. Since I don't have the pan, these are just ideas.

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 7:03pm
post #8 of 10

i used the giant cupcake pan for this cake i just chose not to use the top half of the cupcake i used a 8in cake carve down and rounded out a little bit the wrapper is candy melts in was hollow inside so i filled it with the birthday girls favorite candy.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2700/4360994437_6e9b24f6e7.jpg

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 4:04am
post #9 of 10

the bottom is candy melts? did you use the pan as a chocolate mold? would love to hear more about this...

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 6:27am
post #10 of 10

Maybe this isn't exactly what you're looking for but I was thinking recently that the giant CC pan would be a good basic shape for a head. I've done a few carved heads (like this: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1391940 ) and I'm always afraid I'll overcarve them and they'll fall. I think a giant CC pan would help make the chin areas more defined and the cake more stable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%