What Am I Going To Do With My Wilton Pans?

Decorating By Peridot Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 6:57pm by Aurora_333

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 9

I finally bought myself round and square Magic Line pans. Now what am I going to do with the round Wilton ones that I have. They are just like new, never been put in the dishwasher, some never used.

I don't want to mess with Craig's List or E-Bay that's just too much of a hassle for me.

What do others do when they replace their pans?

8 replies
cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 9

If you're not interested in getting any money for them (if you are then I think Ebay is your best choice), then why not donate them to a church or vocational school.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 9

I don't do anything with them... I keep them around. In the cake world
they make great brownie/cookie pans, they are great templates for cake boards, and are great for resting sitting figures upon when modeling, etc. They also make great trays for plants that need humidity (just put a fine layer of pebbles down, fill with water and rest your pots on the surface of the rocks. They make great water/feeding dishes for pets. They are good as a tray for placing things that drip (bleach, household cleaners, etc.) into thereby preventing rings on closet shelves, etc. That's just a few things one can do with (any, not just Wilton) cake pan! thumbs_up.gif

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 9

If you don't want to fuss with Ebay yourself (I sell stuff on Ebay all the time and I've also purchased a lot of caking stuff there, too), and you want some cash look for a local business that sells on Ebay. There are lots of them out there that will take your items, take care of all the listing, shipping, etc. and you get the proceeds (minus their commission, of course). Try the yellow pages or search online.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 5:02pm
post #5 of 9

Win...
Fabulous ideas!!!

Thanks!

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 6:37pm
post #6 of 9

I have mostly ML, but I still use my Wilton pans occasionally when I have lots of layers to bake.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 6:44pm
post #7 of 9

They make great deep dish pizza pans icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 6:46pm
post #8 of 9

Oh Mike, I like your thinking! icon_biggrin.gif

Aurora_333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aurora_333 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 6:57pm
post #9 of 9

I am going to try to sell mine in a yard sale this spring.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%