Have You Heard Of Southern Wedding Magazine?

Business By snarkybaker Updated 22 Feb 2010 , 2:32am by snarkybaker

snarkybaker Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 1:50am
post #1 of 11

I just got an email from them and they want us to do a feature for them. We're going to do it, cause there is no such thing as bad publicity, but I don't know much about them.

10 replies
JustToEatCake Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 2:32am
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkybaker

I just got an email from them and they want us to do a feature for them. We're going to do it, cause there is no such thing as bad publicity, but I don't know much about them.

I've never heard of it but just wanted to say I am hoping I get to come to your bakery this weekend. If things work out as planned.

CakeForte Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 3:29am
post #3 of 11

Fairly new, maybe a year or two, their blog is pretty big/ popular though. That's how they got started actually, blogging. Congrats!

surgery2 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 11

yes, I did a small feature article for them about 9 mos ago.

surgery2 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 11

The were a blog at first then on January 10 th I think in 2009 they hit print.

snarkybaker Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 8:57pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Quote:

I've never heard of it but just wanted to say I am hoping I get to come to your bakery this weekend. If things work out as planned.

I will be at a wedding show on Sunday, but if you come in, ask for me and I'll show you around.

ChefAngie Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 9:14pm
post #7 of 11

YES, I HAVE HEARD OF SOUTHERN WEDDING MAGAZINE. WHERE IS THE SHOW?
HAPPY BAKING AND DECORATING,
CHEF ANGIE

snarkybaker Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 10:43pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefAngie

YES, I HAVE HEARD OF SOUTHERN WEDDING MAGAZINE. WHERE IS THE SHOW?
HAPPY BAKING AND DECORATING,
CHEF ANGIE

We are the exclusive wedding cake designer for the Macy's in the Triangle, and they are having a Bridal Show/Fair thing. It is great cause it's free, I get Macy's employee discount for a day, and I get one on one time with about 60 to 75 brides for the price of some cake.

ChefAngie Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 1:18pm
post #9 of 11

I am in Lawrenceville, Virginia.
What city and state is the show going to be held.
Chef Angie

JustToEatCake Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 1:22am
post #10 of 11
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I will be at a wedding show on Sunday, but if you come in, ask for me and I'll show you around.

Hey,
I didn't get this message from you until tonite (Sunday evening). We did get to your bakery but it was Sat evening about 6pm. I didn't see you there but I believe I saw your husband.

I tasted tiramisu gelato and coffee gelato. My SO tasted the berry and vanilla (?!). I ordered a medium half coffee, half dulce de leche (who needs to taste that prior?) and he had medium cup of dulce. We had take out (for todays treat) me, cheesecake, him, banana pudding. It was really good. I could live on the cheesecake.

I made him drive from Durham to go to your bakery, he wasn't thrilled with the drive but when he saw the gelato, it was the typical "awe" and he was like a kid who couldn't decide because it is such a feast for the eyes. I knew he'd love it when he tasted it. I have three first generation Italian friends so on the way home he was asking me "Do you think Loredana can make gelato? Do you think Eleanora or Ms. Lucia can make it?" I'm like, no I don't think so, you need a gelato machine and just because they are Italian doesn't mean they know how to make it. He was sorely disappointed so I feel sure a trip will be planned before too long for another visit. He lives in Raleigh during the week but comes "home" to Hope Mills where I am every weekend (this time I went up to Raleigh since I needed to go to the cake supply store in Clayton)

Your bathroom is really nice icon_lol.gif and so are your employees. Very friendly and sweet.

Everything was very nice and we enjoyed it very much. I even enjoyed the strawberry topping on the cheesecake, which I don't usually eat because most are terrible strawberry flavorings but not yours it was nice.

Thanks, and perhaps we'll get back up that way in a couple of months and I will try to say hello.

Edited to add I've now had gelato twice and it might be a good thing there isn't a gelato maker in my town...lol...Here is the only other place I've had it. It's in Virgina
http://www.splendoras.com/splendoras.html

snarkybaker Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 2:32am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustToEatCake

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Hey,
I didn't get this message from you until tonite (Sunday evening). We did get to your bakery but it was Sat evening about 6pm. I didn't see you there but I believe I saw your husband.

I tasted tiramisu gelato and coffee gelato. My SO tasted the berry and vanilla (?!). I ordered a medium half coffee, half dulce de leche (who needs to taste that prior?) and he had medium cup of dulce. We had take out (for todays treat) me, cheesecake, him, banana pudding. It was really good. I could live on the cheesecake.

I made him drive from Durham to go to your bakery, he wasn't thrilled with the drive but when he saw the gelato, it was the typical "awe" and he was like a kid who couldn't decide because it is such a feast for the eyes. I knew he'd love it when he tasted it. I have three first generation Italian friends so on the way home he was asking me "Do you think Loredana can make gelato? Do you think Eleanora or Ms. Lucia can make it?" I'm like, no I don't think so, you need a gelato machine and just because they are Italian doesn't mean they know how to make it. He was sorely disappointed so I feel sure a trip will be planned before too long for another visit. He lives in Raleigh during the week but comes "home" to Hope Mills where I am every weekend (this time I went up to Raleigh since I needed to go to the cake supply store in Clayton)

Your bathroom is really nice icon_lol.gif and so are your employees. Very friendly and sweet.

Everything was very nice and we enjoyed it very much. I even enjoyed the strawberry topping on the cheesecake, which I don't usually eat because most are terrible strawberry flavorings but not yours it was nice.

Thanks, and perhaps we'll get back up that way in a couple of months and I will try to say hello.

Edited to add I've now had gelato twice and it might be a good thing there isn't a gelato maker in my town...lol...Here is the only other place I've had it. It's in Virgina
http://www.splendoras.com/splendoras.html

I'm so glad you guys came in. I was setting up a GIANT wedding cake about 6 PM last night. 7 tiers, all floating on 2 inch tall beds of flowers. 39 inches of cake....

Everything we use is all natural, so the strawberry is made from strawberries! ( I know, that's just crazy, isn't it?)

The good news is that our gelato is made with milk and not cream, so almost all the flavors are less than 150 calories a serving...right around 100 for the fruit. The bad news is that our gelato set up cost close to 100,000. All our equipment is Italian and the dollar was really weak when we bought it.

Thanks for coming in!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%