Decorating By AKS Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 12:46am by tootie0809

AKS Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 12:25am
post #1 of 2

OMG! I have had more fun than should be legal with this thing. Still haven't hooked it up to the cricut yet, just learning the program. I must have at least 100 files saved on it already. So amazing! Google imaged "damask" and now I'll never need to buy a stencil for those beautiful cakes! I've downloaded fonts, icons, images. It's so great. All you do is "see full size" on google image, right click, "save as" in the make the cut folder-and that's it! What I usually do is make sure the image is usable right away-if it isn't I just delete the file. A note, though, it works best with black and white images or dark colors. Colored backgrounds on the image is a no-go. I LOVE THIS THING!

PS: In the interest of full disclosure, I have not tried SCAL, so I am not comparing them. I bought this one, and I'm happy with my decision, as it is pretty easy to use.

1 reply
tootie0809 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 12:46am
post #2 of 2

Wow, that sounds really easy. I bought SCAL a few months ago and have used it a total of 1 time. I hate the program and find it incredibly difficult and frustrating to use. I might have to check out Make-The-Cut. Anyone here used both programs and can give a good comparison?

Quote by @%username% on %date%