Hsn Cricut Bundle

Decorating By mixinvixen Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 11:30pm by mixinvixen

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 5

could someone familiar with caking with cricuts tell me if this is a good deal or overkill?

http://crafts-sewing.hsn.com/cricut-expression-cutter-bundle-with-cartridges_p-5860615_xp.aspx?webm_id=0&web_id=5860615&sf=ct&attr=2497&ocm=CT|2497&prev=hp!sf!2497&ccm=CT|2497

i'm so confused right now; i have saved up the money and want to get the best, but don't really want to spend that amount on a "good deal", if many of the pieces are useless for caking. i may someday soon start scrapping, so i don't want to limit my abilities by buying the cake version.

is there anything in addition i would need to buy, if i go with this bundle??

thank you!

4 replies
Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 5

I just got mine for $170.02 on an Ebay auction (Cricut Expressions). It's just the machine, set-up disk and manual, one cutting mat, power source, basically just the machine. Keep in mind, cartridges are anywhere from 50-100 depending on where you shop and where you are located. Although they have good deals on ebay with those as well.

The deal is okay if you want it right now, but I think you could do a little better, considering unless you are going to be scrapbooking with it, you won't need the pens or the ink cartridges.

It's not a bad deal, but like I said, you could do better.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 5

It's not a bad deal because of all the cartridges you get. I bought an expression on ebay with 2 cartridges, 1 12x12 mat and 2 12x24 mats with free shipping for $250. You can get software so you can use any fonts or images on your computer and images from the internet so you wont have to buy other cartridges. You will however need to get a deep cut housing and blade to use with fondant/gumpaste.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 11:22pm
post #4 of 5

Did you see this review?

"I was so excited to open up my cricut today when it had arrived. But...both the storybook and dress up cartridges were missing. All of the cartridges were the big selling point for me on this particular package. HSN is only willing to give a $75 refund, and says that they are unable to replace what is missing. So I guess this will be my first and last purchase from them."

The storybook cartridge is one of the better ones when it comes to cake decorating, and one of the ones I want to personally purchase. If someone is not getting the full deal and they only offer a $75 refund when cartridges are $49.95 each or more, there goes your bargain.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 11:30pm
post #5 of 5

yeah...the storybook cartridge was what was kinda exciting me about it all. hmmmmmm..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%