Grocery Store Frosting???

Decorating By sami7333 Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 11:22pm by chefdot

sami7333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sami7333 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 13

I have a cupcake wedding tier to do in June and the bride loves the light, fluffy grocery store texture. I have tried several different searches on the web in general and here on CC and cannot find what I think she wants. I'm sure there's got to be one somewhere. Can someone help me? Thank you!

12 replies
blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 13

Just go to the grocery store and buy the icing from them, most grocery stores sell the icing in buckets. It's whipped. Ask them for a sample and you will see the difference.

HTH

sami7333 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 13

Thanks. It just seems so... not good if you know what I mean?! Wonder if it'd work to add flavorings etc? Have you tried that?

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:09pm
post #4 of 13

yes I have, you can flavor it and color it as well, or you can get them to color it for you or you can go to a place like Sam's and they sell it in buckets already precolored and the buckets are already out so you don't have to ask them for it (well, all of the Sam's I've been to anyway).

sami7333 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:12pm
post #5 of 13

Ok awesome! Thanks so much! I'll try it!

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:15pm
post #6 of 13

At my Sams Club you have to go to the bakery and ask for it. Be sure you get the but r cream and not the bettercreme.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:22pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnagardner

At my Sams Club you have to go to the bakery and ask for it. Be sure you get the but r cream and not the bettercreme.

She said she wanted the light fluffy texture, she might just want the whipped icing. I think I would confirm with the bride which kind she is talking about.

sami7333 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:26pm
post #8 of 13

ok i will check that! That recipe is just called Whipped Icing then?

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:41pm
post #9 of 13

I'm sure I sound like an old grump, but if I don't make it I don't use it. I've had requests for the same kind of thing, I let them sample what I make and honestly it's a take it or leave it thing. I'm not willing to put my name and business card out on something that came in a bucket from Sam's.

Has this bride sampled what YOU make? Some people have a strange notion that all decorator's frostings are thick, heavy and overly sweet. Some people have never tasted a really good made-from-scratch frosting...they assume it's got to taste like the grocery store bakery or it's not good.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 4:22pm
post #10 of 13

Have you googled "Frosting that will stand next to Twinkie during Nuclear blast" LOLOL icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 7:42pm
post #11 of 13

If they want grocery store icing they can buy their cake at the grocery store.

sami7333 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 11:15pm
post #12 of 13

How did I miss that particular search, Mike?!! That would've answered all my questions I'm sure! icon_biggrin.gif ROFLOL

And yes, I would prefer to use my own recipe but maybe if I sample Sam's I can then try to recreate it? icon_twisted.gif Thanks for advice! [/quote]

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 11:22pm
post #13 of 13

I hate making whip cream frosting and cannot make it to save my life. The whip cream frosting that our local grocery store sells to me is sooooo yummy! And they make it in strawberry and chocolate... the chocolate taste like chocolate mousse! I use theirs and it's great for decorating. I would rather not go that route and make it myself, if only I was capable... it's my nemesis. lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%