Kopykake Projectors - One Last Question

Decorating By toleshed Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 8:36am by ramacake

toleshed Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 10:11am
post #1 of 6

Can anyone tell me which is better with the kopykake 300 - the base unit or the clamp unit? They are the same price so must be a matter of preference.
TIA

5 replies
thecakemaker Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 12:03pm
post #2 of 6

I have the larger one which I loved until I got my edible image printer - now it just sits there icon_sad.gif

luv2bake6 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 4:13am
post #3 of 6

my projector is just sitting around too because when it comes to doing a large amount of cookies, edible images are so much easier.

sweetcakes Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 5:21am
post #4 of 6

your choice is really going to depend on hw you want to store it. The base board is large about the size of 11x15 and your lower pole will be screwed into this making storing it a little difficult. the clamp model will be easier to store, but you then have to clamp it to the edge of your kitchen counter, possibly leaving a mark if your not careful. My DH made me a board that overhung my counter that i could clamp onto. just consider what you will do with it between uses. if you can leave it up all the time get the one with the base board.

Madiken Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 7:16am
post #5 of 6

I have the one with the baseboard and I'm very happy with it!

ramacake Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 8:36am
post #6 of 6

I would definately say the baseboard one. It's way more stable. But it would also depend on if you were able to leave it out all the time. I had a place to leave it out all the time. And it has been used hundreds of times!!!
Love it!!! Then, my husband had a bright idea to mount the projector part on a real heavy piece of pipe hung vertically from the ceiling. And I can slide it up and down, and there is nothing taking up counter space. Love that even more!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%