Indy Debi Buttercream

Baking By lolobell Updated 20 Feb 2010 , 6:58am by lolobell

lolobell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolobell Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 7:14am
post #1 of 7

hi again!
i always use indy debi's buttercream for my cakes..
i was wondering how it can be turned into chocolate buttercream?
the cake you are all helping me with right now is going to be a yellow pound cake with chocolate ganche/raspberry filling... i thought using the regular buttercream would just be too many flavors at once. so i thought i could just turn the buttercream into chocolate and call it a day!

also..............would the chocolate show under white fondant?
thanks in advance.
M

6 replies
lolobell Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 7

anyone?!?!

lolobell Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:25pm
post #3 of 7

anyone?!?! icon_confused.gif

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 4:56pm
post #4 of 7

I can't help you but I will give you a bump to bring your post back to the top again, maybe someone will see and be able to help you.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 5:03pm
post #5 of 7

When I need a chocolate icing, I use the one on the side of the Hershey Cocoa can. It crusts just as well as my recipe.

I dont' have measurements, but you can add cocoa to my recipe (add more milk to balance the extra dry ingredient). Or add melted chocolate (add more sugar to balance the extra liquid ingredient).

You know my method ..... "until it looks right!" thumbs_up.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 5:27pm
post #6 of 7

Unless you roll the fondant thick enough, I think the chocolate buttercream would show. I'm just starting to play around with fondant myself and my last practice cake had white fondant with lavender buttercream underneath. It was lavender because I didn't have any white, I was just using leftovers to frost with!! Anyways, my point is I could see the lavender frosting under the white fondant.

But I did roll my fondant quite thin. Perhaps if you used Sharon Zambito's method you wouldn't see the color of the frosting underneath. She uses just a crumbcoat of frosting and then rolls the fondant quite thick.

lolobell Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 6:58am
post #7 of 7

as always, thank you all so much! i would be lost without you all!

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%