Tappits / Picture Tutorial

Decorating By dalis4joe Updated 13 Jul 2010 , 2:03am by kakedreamer1212

teatime423 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teatime423 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 6:01pm
post #31 of 42

I bought these last week and I wanted to use it for a cake I had to make this past saturday. I thought it was going to be a simple process and didn't look into how to use the. turns out it's not that simple and I didn't end up using them bc i didn't have time to look into it. Thanks for posting icon_smile.gif

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 3:51pm
post #32 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I have a question for anyone who uses the funky tappits -- I have them, and love them and have had no trouble with them EXCEPT for the capital D -- I cannot get the inside of that letter to cut for beans! icon_confused.gificon_cry.gif Does anyone else have this problem? (Notice it's the ONLY letter I have this issue with...) icon_confused.gif

I might be that it's not completly leveled... if it's only that one letter might be a defect.....

Mb20fan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mb20fan Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 9:19pm
post #33 of 42

Just purchased some Tappits...thanks for the tips. thumbs_up.gif

marisworthit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marisworthit Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 10:22pm
post #34 of 42

Oh finally, someone else who uses them the correct way. Yes-slap them on the table...out comes your letter.

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 10:49pm
post #35 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by marisworthit

Oh finally, someone else who uses them the correct way. Yes-slap them on the table...out comes your letter.

hehehehe.... true that!!!

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 3:05am
post #36 of 42

Thanks for posting!

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 12:46pm
post #37 of 42

Thank you so much. I gave up on those...I'll give it another try. icon_smile.gif

justkist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justkist Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:32am
post #38 of 42

I just posted a forum asking for EXACTLY this!!!! Funny when I used the search tool I found nothing but when I just now searched tappits on GOOGLE I found this thread.

So I guess the verdict is buy them! They are quite cheap too! I will buy funky lowers and uppers and the script ones (big and small) all for $44.50!!! I love www.flourconfections.com!

Kibosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kibosh Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:40am
post #39 of 42

Kdripley, I beleive Golda's is actually cheaper. I paid $21 (or22) for the large and 7.50 for the lower case.
I sent the link on your original post.

justkist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justkist Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:45am
post #40 of 42

THanks for the advice But I mean I am buying 4 sets for $44 total!!! Funky lowers $10, Funky capitals with numbers $17, script lowers $7, and script capitals $10 icon_smile.gif[/quote]

Sweet_Treats_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:52am
post #41 of 42

Thanks for taking the time to do step by step pictures. I am a visual learner, so this was a big help!

kakedreamer1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedreamer1212 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:03am
post #42 of 42

I do it this way but also found that adding a bit of Tylose powder to the fondant worked wonders for me. I didnt measure, just added a small amount. So much easier now. When I first got mine, I hated using them, now I love them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%