Where Can I Get A Deep Raspberry Food Color For My Icing?

Decorating By CindyM Updated 20 Feb 2010 , 5:29pm by CindyM

CindyM Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:07am
post #1 of 8

I'm making cookie favors for my daughter's wedding, and her bridesmaids are wearing the color "watermelon", although, I think it's a deep raspberry. I've been experimenting with mixing colors, with no luck. Electric pink is too like pink flamingo - I've tried adding purple and red. No luck! Please help me! I would rather have the perfect color gel, if anyone knows where to buy! Thanks!

7 replies
Renaejrk Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:47am
post #2 of 8

What brand/type are you using? I usually mix colors to get the perfect shade. I use Americolor. You may need to use more to get a higher concentration of the pink color, and add a deeper red to it.

Renaejrk Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:47am
post #3 of 8

Also, I would look at Americolor and see if they actually carry a color like that - I haven't looked online at their list of colors, just at my cake supply shop.

CindyM Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 6:38am
post #4 of 8

Thanks, but I tried mixing it like that. I ended up with a very pretty deep carnation pink - but doesn't match the wedding colors!

Renaejrk Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 11:50pm
post #5 of 8

What brand are you using and what colors? I may experiment with mine, but it would help to know what you are using that isn't working icon_smile.gif

Win Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 12:12am
post #6 of 8

Most often, a Rose (3 parts) to a Red (1 part)will derive raspberry.

Different brands might reveal slightly different shades, but for the most part, the above equation should get you pretty close. thumbs_up.gif

edited to add that powdered food colors are very close to real shades and I know for sure there is a raspberry powdered form.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=24078&name=Raspberry%20Crystal%20Color%20Dust

Lorieann55 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:11am
post #7 of 8

You can do an online search for

color mixing chart

There are loads of color wheels and charts that will help you with mixing colors.

CindyM Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 5:29pm
post #8 of 8

I use Americolor gel. I might have to try that raspberry luster dust. Thanks for all your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%