White Chocolate Buttercream Fondant

Baking By genmamablue Updated 1 Jul 2010 , 3:36pm by genmamablue

genmamablue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
genmamablue Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 5

I am just getting into the fondant side of cake decorating, and am having some trouble figuring out recipes. I really don't like the taste of regular fondant and would like to make a white chocolate version.

For my wedding, the decorator made what she billed a "White Chocolate Buttercream Fondant." It tasted AMAZING! I have to tried to find her information, but she has either moved or is no longer in business. Does anyone have a recipe or an idea of how to manipulate fondant to get this? It was used to cover the entire cake.

I appreciate any help!!

4 replies
marzipandoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marzipandoll Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 5:11am
post #2 of 5

I just bought the Jennifer Dontz DVD! I still didn't get a chance to try it, but everybody says it's amazing in flavor, easy to work with, and rolls thin without tearing. The white chocolate fondant that is. So look up her DVD for instructions and recipes!

sfrench1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfrench1 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 5

Marshmallow fondant is very easy to make and eat without adding additional flavors. Satin Ice is a good commercial fondant. Their white vanilla taste better if you add butter and vanilla flavor oils (not extracts). It is easy to work with and you can work with it quite a bit without it drying out can cracking. Also their dark choclate fondant taste like tootsie roll and so easy to work with. Google search the web for many recipes. You just have to find one that works for your climate and you speed and ability.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 5

Get Jennifer Dontz's DVDs, she has an awesome white chocolate fondant recipe on it. She's JenniferMI here at CC.

genmamablue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
genmamablue Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much you guys! I'll check out those DVD's. And I tried the Rhonda's Ultimate MMF recipe here on CC, and it went amazingly well - my very first time covering a cake in fondant. It was yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%