Cricut On Sale For $85.00!

Decorating By melodyscakes Updated 24 Feb 2010 , 6:03pm by HarleyDee

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 41

Joannes store, regular Cricut the original one, usually $199.00 on sale for $84.99 during week of Feb. 21 - March 6

if you were wanting to try it, that is not a bad price. I'm going to sweet talk hubby out of $85.00!!!!!

melody

40 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 41

lol icon_smile.gif
Good luck with the hubby, and thanks for the tip!

cplfernandez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cplfernandez Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 41

Is this the Cricut you can use for fondant/gumpaste?

melodyscakes Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 7:58pm
post #4 of 41

some do. there is a new cricut coming out that is just for cake.
but this is the one designed for paper to scrapbook, but there is a 35 page posting about people who have used it for making accessories and words for cakes.

cplfernandez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cplfernandez Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 8:00pm
post #5 of 41

Thanks for letting me know!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 10:01pm
post #6 of 41

Does anyone know is Joanne's will do a price adjustment on an item purchased before the sale if you bring in the receipt?

I remember reading that Big Lots was sold out in minutes this week when they had advertised their Cricut sale.

So I wondered if we buy it now at the full price if Joanne's will then adjust the price for us next week.

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 10:21pm
post #7 of 41

Good question Deb - I hope someone answers you quick.
I'll be hanging out at my local Joanne's Sunday morning with my nose pressed up against the glass, chanting "open, open, open"

melodyscakes Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:01pm
post #8 of 41

anyone know what time they open? I have Church on Sunday morning, but I could go right before or right after. I'd go on Sunday before they all get sold out. or maybe they won't since they have the new bigger cricut out on the market.
I saw a new cricut machine that is made just for cakes, it is not out soon. I'll see if I can get the link.

melodyscakes Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:05pm
post #9 of 41

the new cricut coming out just for cakes is at:
www.cricut.com/cricutcake/ it looks cool, but probably will be expensive since it is just for cake stuff.

hubby gave me the $$ for the $85.00 one, I had to whine about it a lot. grrr but will be getting it.
does anyone know if you use the machine on gumpaiste, can you then use it to cut paper if you also scrapbook? just wondering.

melodyscakes Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:26pm
post #10 of 41

I'm torn, I wish I knew how much the new cake cricut will cost. I'd almost rather wait and buy the cake one. did you see the scroll work it will do?

brooklyncaillouet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brooklyncaillouet Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:33pm
post #11 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyscakes

www.cricut.com/cricutcake/ it looks cool, but probably will be expensive since it is just for cake stuff.

hubby gave me the $$ for the $85.00 one, I had to whine about it a lot. grrr but will be getting it.
does anyone know if you use the machine on gumpaiste, can you then use it to cut paper if you also scrapbook? just wondering.

The new Cricut Cake machine is just the Expressions with the modifications. Any Cricut, or for that matter, any electronic paper cutting machine will work. $85.00 is a great price to be able to make amazing cake decorations.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:40pm
post #12 of 41

fabulous news!

melodyscakes Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:46pm
post #13 of 41

the new cricut cake is $399.00

ouch!

malene541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malene541 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:47pm
post #14 of 41

I've read that the new Cricut machine made for cakes will be $400!!! I don't know that for a fact but that is what I read on a different forum from here.

melodyscakes Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:52pm
post #15 of 41

I just checked it out, and it is going to be $400.00 I'd really like to buy the reg. one for $85.00 then buy the new cake cartrige. do you think that cartrage will fit with the old machine? I really don't see why it wouldn't except that they want to sell more of the $400.00 machines.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 1:32am
post #16 of 41
Quote:

I would suggest going VERY early and trying to be the first in line. They might only have a couple, like big lots.

agconner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agconner Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:14am
post #17 of 41
Quote:

I just checked it out, and it is going to be $400.00 I'd really like to buy the reg. one for $85.00 then buy the new cake cartrige. do you think that cartrage will fit with the old machine? I really don't see why it wouldn't except that they want to sell more of the $400.00 machines.

From what I am told all cartriges will work BUT the cake cartrige will only be sold with the machine. They tend to do this alot now. They came out with a breast cancer cartrige that I wanted BUT it was only sold with the limited edition breast cancer machine. When I went on Ebay to buy it most of them were selling for 100 to 150 bucks.

melodyscakes Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:20am
post #18 of 41

man, that bites.

melody

agconner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agconner Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:26am
post #19 of 41

Yes it does. I just went on ebay to see if there were any of the breast cancer cartriges still on there and they are all buy it now for 175-180 bucks. No way. I can go get the whole mechine with the cartrige for 300. But back to the cake one...I have a felling they are going to be selling for just as much so when you think about it it is almost worth just buying the whole thing. I am sure after they have been out for a few months, or when they are resleased, you will find them everywhere for like 300 bucks.

luckylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylynn Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 4:27am
post #20 of 41

I just pre-ordered mine at crazyscraps.com can't wait.. and I read on here someone was asking about cutting the fondent , I read somewhere if you freeze it first it will cut better. icon_smile.gif

brooklyncaillouet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brooklyncaillouet Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 5:04am
post #21 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylynn

I just pre-ordered mine at crazyscraps.com can't wait.. and I read on here someone was asking about cutting the fondent , I read somewhere if you freeze it first it will cut better. icon_smile.gif

It may cut better, but the fondant will thaw quickly and will be difficult to remove from the mat. I have found that gum paste works the best and is firm enough to handle.

luckylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylynn Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 5:27am
post #22 of 41

Thanks good to know ,,

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 7:07am
post #23 of 41

that is SO totally awesome! Can't wait for the cake version to come out now! I was given a bunch of cartridges as a gift this Christmas (they thought I already had the machine) because I scrapbook but once I found out that I could use it for cakes I was totally jazzed...not as much as I am now that I know a cake version is coming out! I'll keep saving my pennies but for the cake version now!

melodyscakes Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 1:41pm
post #24 of 41

I saw a video on the new cake machine, and they will be selling or already do sell, not sure, from Provo crafts the pre-rolled gumpaist pieces on the mat. so I was thinking, why couldn't you use the edible image fondant paper that you buy in packs and feed that through the machine instead of making fondant/gumpaiste? the options are endless.

I think I am going to wait and put a little more money with the $100.00 I already have and hold out for the cake machine.

learnincakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learnincakes Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:01pm
post #25 of 41

I have the Cricut you are talking about. The personal. It is awesome. Keep in mind you will need another 70 or 80 dollars for software and 30 more for the deep cut blade. And there is nothing easy about learning to use it for cake decorating. It takes time and practise to use. You may need the video from Linda McClure? Not sure if I have the right name. Anyway, I love it. It is fun to use.

sweetpea223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea223 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:22pm
post #26 of 41
Quote:

Melody,

Once you use the machine for food, you cannot use it for scrapbooking or vice versa... It's more for sanitation issue. Wow that cake cricut machine sure is expensive!

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:17pm
post #27 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea223

Quote:

Melody,

Once you use the machine for food, you cannot use it for scrapbooking or vice versa... It's more for sanitation issue. Wow that cake cricut machine sure is expensive!

Lots of people do it. You could get a different blade and mat for the gumpaste.The machine only touches the gumpaste/paper with it's blade and the mat and those are interchangeable. I wouldn't use glitter paper or anything like that but regular paper should be fine. We eat off paper plates and drink out of paper cups and use paper napkins.

melodyscakes Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 9:23pm
post #28 of 41

that's what I was thinking, buying separate blades and mats.

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 9:42pm
post #29 of 41
Quote:

I saw a video on the new cake machine, and they will be selling or already do sell, not sure, from Provo crafts the pre-rolled gumpaist pieces on the mat. so I was thinking, why couldn't you use the edible image fondant paper that you buy in packs and feed that through the machine instead of making fondant/gumpaiste? the options are endless.

I think I am going to wait and put a little more money with the $100.00 I already have and hold out for the cake machine.

I pre-ordered the cake machine from cutncrop for a total of $305.04-shipping included. They have a $50 discount already applied, then a coupon code of "cake" to bring it down another $50. I was surprised my hubby agreed, but then again, he knows all of the grief we went through trying (and failing) to get the expression on Black Friday ~ he probably doesn't want to have to do that again!

melodyscakes Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 9:44pm
post #30 of 41

wow, going to that site right now!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%