Farm Cake

Decorating By ButterflyKayla Updated 20 Feb 2010 , 2:53am by Kakesbykay

ButterflyKayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButterflyKayla Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 5

I am new to cake decorating like very new but my dad asked me to make his significant other a cake for her 50th birthday party. The theme he has decided to want me to go with is Farmville (yes the game on facebook). She is very addicted. For those of you who don't know farmville is a virtual farming game.

I have a few ideas. But any help would be appreciated.

This is what I have come up with...

A chocolate sheet cake coverd in buttercream with green fondant covering for grass.

The crops will read 50th and a little are will say happy birthday or something to that effect. I found a kit that contains a barn, tractor ect... placing those on the cake

I am also needing to make cupcakes those will be white cake or something not chocolate for the non chocolate lovers. I was going to put farm animals or something on top of them.

I hope that makes sense. If you don't know what farmville is I can always post some pics to get the minds rolling but please remember I am still really new to this.

Thank you in advance for any help! thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 5

There are Farmville and Farmtown cakes here on CC that you can search for and you can do a google search for images of them also. Some of the decorators have really outdone themselves on these cake designs.

Suze

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 5

Here's one I found on a website. I had to show my friends on Facebook because we play that a lot. Hope it gives you some inspiration. It's a beautiful cake, wish I could remember who did it.
LL

ButterflyKayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButterflyKayla Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:11pm
post #4 of 5

Okay thank you for those. I am still looking around... Does anyone know where a good place to find barn animals would be?

Kakesbykay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kakesbykay Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:53am
post #5 of 5

great job !!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%