Tonedna Buttercream Recipe Question

Baking By diychick Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 4:03am by Chippi

diychick Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 5

I watched the tutorial and read the recipe, but am I overlooking the part of when to add the 1 tablespoon of Merengue Powder? Also, can I use this same recipe for the filling or is a crusting buttercream only used for the outside of the cake? Do I have to refrigerate my cake if I use this recipe?

4 replies
Chippi Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by diychick

I watched the tutorial and read the recipe, but am I overlooking the part of when to add the 1 tablespoon of Merengue Powder? Also, can I use this same recipe for the filling or is a crusting buttercream only used for the outside of the cake? Do I have to refrigerate my cake if I use this recipe?

You can add the meringue powder with your first few cups of PS. You can use it for a filing. And no it does not have to be refrigerated. I have used her recipe many times. Her Buttercream rocks! As does her videos!

Chippi

diychick Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:57am
post #3 of 5

Thanks Alot. I will give this a try and yes you are absolutely right---her videos are great, especially for newbies like myself!

diychick Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 3:20am
post #4 of 5

I tried this recipe tonite, but when I went to do the Melvira method on it, the wax paper stuck, even though it was dry to the touch. What did I do wrong?

Chippi Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 4:03am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by diychick

I tried this recipe tonite, but when I went to do the Melvira method on it, the wax paper stuck, even though it was dry to the touch. What did I do wrong?

Try using Viva paper towels .....only thing I use...also after you use those you can use white computer paper if you need even more of a clean look but I use viva paper towels only. I haven't heard of using wax paper before. HTHs

Good luck icon_smile.gif
Chippi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%