Mixing Airbrush Colors

Decorating By grey Updated 17 Feb 2010 , 10:13pm by tenleysmommy

grey Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 6

I'm sorry if this has been addressed already...=( I have a HUGE shark cake due tomorrow. Can I mix my liquid airbrush colors to make it a silvery blue color? Which ones?? black white blue silver sheen??? I'm a nervous wreck! Please help

5 replies
tenleysmommy Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 6

I would airbrush it blue,then put a light spray of silver sheen over that.I have never mixed 2 colors together,so hopefully someone else can help.

grey Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 6

I mixed blue and black...just turned out gray, then sprayed silver. It looked fine but ,mixing the 2 colors really made no distinct difference. Thank you for the reply=) Im very new to this and the people on cakecentral are unbelieveably talented. I'll post pics of "Brutus" in a few days. The birthday boy named him ahead of time.

tenleysmommy Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 6

Cant wait to see the pics,wont be mixing colors anytime soon : )

KHalstead Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 6

I mix blue w/ a drop or two of black and shake it up to make navy blue all the time and it works fine...you have to continuously reshake it though, for some reason it separates.

tenleysmommy Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 10:13pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the tip,I never mixed them because I was always worried about them seperating.This is one of those DUH! moments.Cant believe I never thought to shake it! : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%