Hellraiser Cake

Decorating By chas21 Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 8:38pm by chas21

chas21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chas21 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 10

I need a lot of help with this birthday cake that I was asked to make. They want it with something to do with Hellraiser. Its for about 75 people and I don't want to spend a lot of money on this cake.

9 replies
Iggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iggy Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 6:21pm
post #2 of 10

You could google an image of one of the characters and then just make a BC image to put on the cake. HTH

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 10

oh oh i got an idea ... if you don't wanna spend too much time for detail

plain sheet cake

make needles/pins (like pinhead dude) out of lengths of spaghetti dipped in thin gray royal icing
spell out happy birthday with the pins
or do something with the pins

mix red coloring gel with clear liquor (e.g. vodka)
dip a paint brush and then flick it at the cake
or let it drip on to the cake
makes icky looking blood drops

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 10

would be an awesome cake if you made the box

google images:
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=ejR8S-KiIYjgNaaq-KAF&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQsAQwAA" target="_blank" class="postlink">http://images.google.com/images?q=hellraiser+box&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USicon_surprised.giffficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=ejR8S-KiIYjgNaaq-KAF&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQsAQwAA

chas21 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 7:57pm
post #5 of 10

I have thought of the box, but wouldn't even know where to start with it. Thanks for the ideas

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 8:05pm
post #6 of 10

Color corn syrup red for the blood. It stays wet and thick looking.

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nytepyre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nytepyre Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 12:50am
post #8 of 10

For the box, maybe consider doing WBH chocolate method? or frozen buttercream transfer? You could print out templates in the sizes you need, ice the cake in buttercream, and place the chocolate panels on the cake. Easier to get those tiny details and precision, its delicious and beautiful. A big hellraiser fan myself, I've always wanted to tackle the box cake. GL!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 1:38am
post #9 of 10

I think you could get a cleaner look from using fondant.

If you roll out your fondant and let it firm up on a flat surface.

Print out a straight on picture of each side and blow it up to the size of your cake box. Cut out the negative parts of the patten very carefully with an exacto craft knife.

Rub your fondant with crisco and adhere the cut out copy of the box side to your fondant with gently pressure. The Crisco will hold it in place.
then begin to carefully cut out the negative spaces through the copy template you have made. Lift off the template and use the small part of a knife or fondant tool to go around the cut outs to smooth them.

Have your cake iced in butter cream in the color that is in the relief parts of the pattern on the real box and smooth down the sides really well.

Slide the square onto a cardboard and set it against the side of your cake at the bottom, mist your BC with water or apply a small amount of water or Tylose glue to the fondant piece, and raise it up flat and smooth and press it into the butter cream lightly.

You can dust the fondant in petal dust and luster dusts to get that aged old feeling the box has.

I know that sounds like alot so...

***Or just apply fondant the regular way on the whole cake and use a knife or fondant tools to make line impressions drawing out the pattern on the box free hand and paint and luster it to the desired effect.
It would be soo cool.

chas21 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 8:38pm
post #10 of 10

I know she likes horror movies... Would there be a way to combine Hellraiser with Nightmare on Elm St? Any thoughts?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%