Please Pray For Margaret....

Lounge By Rachie204 Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 6:16pm by kjt

Rachie204 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 12

I am asking those of you who do...to please pray for my husbands grandmother, her name is Margaret. She had a stroke sometime yesterday morning they believe and was found at her home around 4:00pm last night. The doctors believe she had the stroke 8-12 hours before she received any treatment. They have air lifted her here to our local hospital and was doing somewhat well until this morning when she had a seizure. She has been moved to the ICU unit. We hope to find out more about the extent of damage caused by the stroke sometime today. She will be next week. Thank you in advance.

11 replies
tatorchip Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 12

I will pray for Margaret.

sadsmile Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 12

Oh dear! Of coarse I will. She and you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Deb_ Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 12:54am
post #4 of 12

Oh no that's so sad, of course I'll keep her in my prayers. I

Take care!

CakeForte Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 1:20am
post #5 of 12

Done!

ladyellam Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 12

I hope you receive good news. I have always had a special place in my heart for grandmothers (never got to have one and actually asked Santa for one). I will put all of you in my prayers.

LaBellaFlor Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 11:44pm
post #7 of 12

Praying for your grandmother right now.

crazyladybaker Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 11:31am
post #8 of 12

lifting her up in prayer as well as her attending dr's that they will have knowledge and guidance on her treatment.

My mom had a stroke 4.5 years ago and never received treatment. She didn't have any physical damage but had some mental challenges for about a year. Today I am thankful to say that she is 99.9% back to her old self.

hugs!

Rachie204 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 3:11pm
post #9 of 12

Thank you all for your love and prayers. Sorry I have not updated, we have either been at the hospital or taking care of our one year old who is running a high temp of 104%.

Anyways she is still in ICU, she has been trying to come to but is still very weak. They have been able to cut her oxygen down to only 35% assistance so we are excited about that. She seems to know that we are there and can occasionally respond but for the most part is keeping her eyes shut and resting. Thank you all again very much.

sadsmile Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 3:44pm
post #10 of 12

Oh no you sure have your hands full. High temps are certainly dangerous. When my oldest daughter was two she spiked a 104° and turned pale and almost went unconscious. The EMTs who responded to my call said to keep her in a lightly warm bath to bring her temperature down with out adding complications of hypothermia. they said wiping the forehead with a cool rag was OK, but not on the body. So we bathed her to bring it down and I kept a cool rag on her head on the way to the ER. They also said she was close to having convulsions. The ER doc issued Ibuprofen suppositories which quickly helped to bring her temp to a less dangerous level. They determined it was viral and just needed to run it's coarse and I had to keep giving her warm baths and suppositories till it passed. It was a scary time. Keeping fluids up and good hydration is very important. My heart goes out to you! I will keep your little one in my prayers as well.
That's a little bit of encouraging good news on Grandma.
Still praying... This shall pass soon and she will recover fully.
((((SUGAR HUGS FROM A SUGAR FRIEND))))

Rachie204 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 5:19pm
post #11 of 12

Thanks Sarah...DD is just turned one in Jan. She has some issues with her kidneys and we are waiting on the doctor to call with lab results...they are thinking it is another UTI causing the fever. She isn't wanting to eat or drink. I can barley get her to take the tylenol. It's strange...when my son (who is 5) was little they said at 104 you should take them to the hospital...now they say 105 or 106....Yeah right...lol. Anything over 104 she will be sitting in the Er.

Great news....Nanny is breathing on her own now! Thank you all!

kjt Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 6:16pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie204

Great news....Nanny is breathing on her own now! Thank you all!

Hooray! Thank you, God... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%