Help !! Stargazer Lily Cookie ??

Baking By teesme2000 Updated 23 Feb 2010 , 7:37pm by KHalstead

teesme2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teesme2000 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 6

I just got an order for 500 icon_cry.gif Stargazer lily cookies. Anyone have any pics on this ?? I looked in the gallery but did not see anything. Also, where is a good place to order a lily cookie cutter ?? I have seen copper ones, I guess that will be my best bet !!

Thanks !!! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 6

http://www.tincrafts.com/foodflowers.html

This example of a lily was done by FavorAffair.com and it looks as though they used a similar cutter, but with slightly pointier petals. (You could pinch the cutter into sharper points when you have yours though, easy enough.)

I'd suggest using hot pink lustre dust on a dry cookie iced in white to achieve the very unique Stargazer lily colouring....
LL

blueman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueman Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 6

Cograts on the order! I too am trying to make a cookie favor for a bridal shower. I purchased a copper lily cutter from Karen's Cookies. Good service, got within a few days. It is a flat six petaled flower. So I think the success will be in the coloring. I tested last week, but the coloring was not good. Am going to test again this weekend. The bride's request is an asiatic lily. So I'm looking at pink shades.
I had a hard time finding any pictures of completed cookies. I do better seeing an example.
Do a search in the cookie gallery on "lily" and there are a few pictures of lily bouquets.

blueman Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 1:38pm
post #4 of 6

Cograts on the order! I too am trying to make a cookie favor for a bridal shower. I purchased a copper lily cutter from Karen's Cookies. Good service, got within a few days. It is a flat six petaled flower. So I think the success will be in the coloring. I tested last week, but the coloring was not good. Am going to test again this weekend. The bride's request is an asiatic lily. So I'm looking at pink shades.
I had a hard time finding any pictures of completed cookies. I do better seeing an example.
Do a search in the cookie gallery on "lily" and there are a few pictures of lily bouquets.

blueman Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 12:53pm
post #5 of 6

sorry for the double post!
I practiced this weekend using the Karen's Cookies lily cookie cutter. It is a big cookie, therefore I was only able to get 16 cookies out of one batch of NFSC. I rolled the dough 3/16" thick.
At the rate of getting 16 cookies per batch of NFSC, you'd need to make 32 batches! Quite the undertaking unless you can find a smaller cutter.
Keep me posted. I'm only looking at doing 75-100 for the shower, but still it will take some organization.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 7:37pm
post #6 of 6

I would just find a photo you like online and then turn it into a flat cookie (make your own cutter using the article here on CC) then you could really determine how big/small the cookie was going to be!

http://scribalterror.blogs.com/scribal_terror/images/2007/07/09/stargazer.jpg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%