Computer Crash Please Help!

Decorating By poohthebear Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 3:04am by sadsmile

poohthebear Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 1:15pm
post #1 of 16

I need to ask for your help. My computer crashed last week and I lost everything!!!!!! Well I am trying to recoup from it and will have to live with what I can and can't do. But in my favorites I had saved a post from someone wonderful, that had posted many many tutorials about how to do different techniques. Now I can't find it. Does anyone know what I am talking about??? Where can I find it?? TIA

15 replies
milmil95 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 16

I think this is what you're looking for:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-654103.html

The topic has hundreds of tutorials in it.

poohthebear Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 16

Oh milmil95!!!! You are a lifesaver! Thank you so much yes this is it!! I feel so much better now.

dsilvest Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 2:07pm
post #4 of 16

If you have computer problems in the future, click on forums, then How Do I? and you will see blue folders with hundreds of tutorials.

milmil95 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 4:58pm
post #5 of 16

Thanks for the info dsilvest icon_lol.gif

sadsmile Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 6:27pm
post #6 of 16

chances are no matter what all of your stuff is still there on your hard drive. you just need someone who really know how to extract and restore it for you. A real PC guy- not the squad or geeks or dogs at the local store.

KHalstead Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 6:38pm
post #7 of 16

[email protected]

she's right though! My computer just crashed this weekend and I lost everything including Cake Boss which is what I'm most upset about (since I have all my photos that I care about on my site and CC)

but I've got about 12 outstanding booked wedding cakes right now and have people emailing about getting the deposits to me and I have NO CLUE what they owe me!! I just keep telling them, go ahead and mail it to : xxx address w/ the signed contract and am just hoping they still have their contract with the info.! lol

Anyhow.......my DH is a computer guy and was able to find all my cakeboss info on the hard drive and all my photos, etc. so virtually nothing was ACTUAllY destroyed, that I know of anyhow.

I do have to redownload Cake Boss and figured this is as good a time as any to go ahead and upgrade to the new version lol Blessings in every disaster!

Good luck with your recovery!

My DH fixes pc's for a $50 flat rate for up to 6 hrs. of work! too bad you're not near us!

2SchnauzerLady Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 6:59pm
post #8 of 16

Hi milmil95 - I'm in VaBch!

CeeTee Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 7:20pm
post #9 of 16

It all depends on the kind of crash. If you computer is having motherboard issues then the hard drive should be fine and all your data still intact. All you would have to do it pop it into a different computer (or buy a new motherboard) and you'll be back in business. Do you know for sure it's a hard drive issue?

JustToEatCake Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:35am
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTee

It all depends on the kind of crash. If you computer is having motherboard issues then the hard drive should be fine and all your data still intact. All you would have to do it pop it into a different computer (or buy a new motherboard) and you'll be back in business. Do you know for sure it's a hard drive issue?

Can't she also pop out her HD and put it into a PATA/ATA thingie and then it can be plugged into new computer via USB?

Kitagrl Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:47am
post #11 of 16

Anybody know if Carbonite is any good? I am using the free trial but its almost up and I don't know if I should buy it or not.

sadsmile Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:51am
post #12 of 16

I use esetnod its recommended by my pc guy and it's what most of the pc guys use themselves from what I've heard.

Kitagrl Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:56am
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

I use esetnod its recommended by my pc guy and it's what most of the pc guys use themselves from what I've heard.

I looked that up and it seemed to be an antivirus thing....is it a pc backup?

sadsmile Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:58am
post #14 of 16

I was using Mcafee and when it expired I could afford to renew right away.. well when the last three parts finally expired is when my pc crashed and it effected my windows ability to function and turn on. My PC guy had to go in and remove that whole program cause it acted like a Trojan and shut my system on lock down. So whatever you use don't let it expire because most of the programs are like that... they are set up to shut down your pc when they are not working to protect your pc from getting infected by anything on line. All my stuff is still here but I had to reload a bunch of drivers that were permanently interrupted. Most of my software was past it's warranty so I had to find everything needed from the sites I could get that stuff from. It was soo much fun! tapedshut.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_confused.gificon_cry.gif I will never EVA again let any security system expire without uninstalling it completely and dumping it.

milmil95 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:59am
post #15 of 16

Hi TNTFundraiser!! We should chat sometime!!

She could pop the hard drive into another machine and pull up what she needs.
If her hard drive was partitioned and she had a back up then she would be good to go and could just extract what she needs that way.
Need to figure out if it's a hard drive or mainboard issue. it could even be the PC fan causing a thermal event and shutting down the PC, especially if it's an older one.

Let me know if you need any more links. I have save a lot in my watched topics.

sadsmile Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:04am
post #16 of 16

It has a scan option that will isolate any threat and dump it it and controls your firewalls and allows programs to find stuff but not outside sources from accessing anything without you knowing what, when , where, why and who and your permission. It's pretty tough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%