Cake Win!

Decorating By Odyssey Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 12:03am by caraleecupcake

Odyssey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Odyssey Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 4:00am
post #1 of 7

I'm taking the wilton fondant and gumpaste course and we just got out of our second class. My teacher told us last week and right before class that this would be an ugly hodgepodge cake. I told myself I would not make an ugly cake if I could help it, and I believe I proved my instructor wrong.

Unfortunately I think I was the only one of my 4 person class to manage a publicly presentable cake. One girl even said her family would start to wonder about her skills again.

Sorry for bragging, but I wanted to show it off...
LL

6 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 4:50am
post #2 of 7

Very nice! Congrats!

ShanB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShanB Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 7

lol my instructor told me the same thing, she said the cake was going to be one nasty looking thrown together mess by the end icon_smile.gif

cupandcake81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupandcake81 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 7

very nice!

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 11:34pm
post #5 of 7

nice job!

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 11:53pm
post #6 of 7

Nice job! What kind of instructors are out there telling their students that their projects are going to be awful? Is this reverse psychology or something?

caraleecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caraleecupcake Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 12:03am
post #7 of 7

i wish they would coordinate the skills/lessons you learn for that day so that we would have a presentable cake!! even though the classes aren't expensive, all that fondant you use adds up. i ended up throwing my practice cake away (wilton fondant tastes yucky anyways) :-/ but i LOVED my final cake (its the zebra one in my photos) and i made the fondant so that it would actually taste good as well when people ate it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%