Royal Icing And Dummies

Decorating By pish Updated 17 Feb 2010 , 7:03pm by moscakes5

pish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pish Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 2:08am
post #1 of 5

Is it possible to cover a cake dummy in royal icing? And if so, any tips and/or trick?

I'm all out of fondant as is the town I live in. We have our bridal show this Saturday. I have 5 dummies done but wanted to do one more all in white. Any and all help would be appreciated!

Thanks

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 3:19am
post #2 of 5

I just use my regular buttercream ... no vanilla, no dream whip. It hardens like concrete, easy to smooth, lasts forever. Kids love it when I tell them, "Sure! You can touch the cake! Go ahead!"

I dont' use RI for anything cake.

moscakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moscakes5 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 4:43am
post #3 of 5

Thanks for this forum! I wanted to know when you ice a dummy cake with the buttercream as you described Indydebi are you still able to smooth it with a viva towel or Melvira's technique with the roller?

Thanks again for the assistance and guidance

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortega5

Thanks for this forum! I wanted to know when you ice a dummy cake with the buttercream as you described Indydebi are you still able to smooth it with a viva towel or Melvira's technique with the roller?

Thanks again for the assistance and guidance

Yep! Absolutely! I'm Melvira's bigggest fan so I do that for all cakes .... fake or real. It hardens like concrete, but you have plenty (!) of time to work with it.

moscakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moscakes5 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you! Thank you! I'm excited to give it a try

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%