Servings For Wilton Character Pans....

Decorating By onemissa Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 10:27pm by TexasSugar

onemissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onemissa Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 2:03am
post #1 of 5

I just wanted to get some opinions concering the Wilton servings. Do you actually go by the servings that Wilton suggests for that pan or do you figure it out using the measurements they suggest for regular shaped cakes?

The reason I ask is because I am about to use the Monkey cake pan and it says it will feed 12 and that seems like really big serving sizes. If anyone has any tips on what they do I would really appreciate it. TIA!!!

4 replies
3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 5

From what I recall, most of them are one-mix deals. I used to treat them like a "shaped sheet cake"...serving size about 2x2 since it was one layer.

I don't recall the particular pan you are using, but is it basically a one-mix pan? I'd say it serves more than 12 if you are using one whole cake mix. Since one cake mix can make 2 dozen cupcakes, it seems like it would serve around 20-24.

ShanB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShanB Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 5

I always find the character pans servings are really low to what I get out of them.. I only bake for family but a 12 serving pan fed over 20 people at my son's birthday party... it was a one mix pan.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 10:01pm
post #4 of 5

I get the opposite, since they are only 1 layer, I only tend to get a max of 15 servings in any of the character pans

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 10:27pm
post #5 of 5

I'd say 12-15 servings. As has been mentioned above, you are talking about one layer of cake.

One cake mix same as what you are using in the pan will give you about 24 cupcakes. So yes if you cut the pieces small you could get 24 pieces out of it. Most people I know though will eat two cupcakes for every piece of cake that would probably normally eat.

It is going to come down to who is eating it. Little kids, smaller pieces, more servings. Tweens or teens, bigger pieces, less servings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%