Pink Champagne Cake

Decorating By kileyscakes Updated 16 Feb 2010 , 9:04pm by pattycakesnj

kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 3

Hi I have been asked to do a girls 21st birthday cake. It will just be a 8 inch done all girly and I had the idea to make it pink champage. I have never made this flavor and was wondering if it tastes good? is it an odd taste? I was also wondering if anyone had a good recipe for one I did see a recipe for using a white box mix and then just adding the champagne for the liquid. I usually just bake from scratch but if it doesn't really taste like a box mix after it is doctored I will use that because I have another order to do the same day and want it to be easy.
thanks

2 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 3

Well, taste is subjective icon_lol.gif . If you want a scratch recipe, check out "Champagne Cake I" in the CC recipe section. I have made this cake and it was very good - just use pink champagne and a tad of food color if you want an actual pink tint to the batter. The taste is very subtle. If you want a more pronounced champagne flavor, add some Lorann flavoring or a champagne compound. I have not tried a doctored mix in champagne flavor. I personally like champagne cake with rose icing or rose cake with champagne icing - great adult girly combo.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 3

I made WASC and substituted pink champagne for almost all the water. Came out very tasty and you could definitely tell it was champagne.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%