Frozen Yogurt Cake

Decorating By LizaMG Updated 23 Feb 2010 , 8:00pm by LizaMG

LizaMG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizaMG Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 5

Hello All!

I have to make a cake shaped like frozen yogurt. The customer wants it specifically from this place for the cup decor, which is fine. I'm just having a little trouble deciding on how to do the top, the actual yogurt. I had a few ideas: To carve the cake in to a triangle like shape and cover with bc to give it that spiral yogurt look or should I use rice krispies to mold the frozen yogurt and then cover in bc (if I can even do that?). I'm not sure if my ideas are the best or if anyone has any better ideas, I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks!

4 replies
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 4:08am
post #2 of 5

You could do cake or RKT - either would work I think. You can cover either in BC. How big is this supposed to be? I personally would rather do it in cake, but some prefer using the RKT extra stuff. I would make it part of the servings of the cake.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 4:33am
post #3 of 5

I would probably cut the top in cake but much smaller than you need, and then use alot of bc to make the yogurt spiral. Have fun!

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 4:44am
post #4 of 5

depends how big you want it.. but yes, you can actually get a really realistic result with b/c and a star tip, again depends on your size.. ive only ever sone this with cupcakes..

LizaMG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizaMG Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 8:00pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all or your replies this greatly helps me in my decision making... I think I'm going to go with the BC

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%