Anyone Use The Jem Bow Cutter Set?

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 16 Feb 2010 , 6:57pm by bobwonderbuns

CakeMommyTX Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 7
6 replies
Auntie_RaRa Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 6:22pm
post #2 of 7

I have this set and have used it a few times. I prefer handmade because of the texture the details I can add to the bow. For me, this is my "I need a quick bow" for the cake. These cutters are ok, but for wedding and package cakes, I make my own bows. Good Luck!

lecrn Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 7

Here's a cake that I used 2 sizes of the bows on:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1570144.html

They are really easy & quick. It really depends on what style bow you're going for. They're pretty plain & non-pleated. I don't use them as much as I thought I would. I prefer to make my own.

CakeMommyTX Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 7

Super cute cake! I was hoping for a pic of a bow made using them, thanx.
I think I'll pass on the cutter though, the bows are'nt as realistic as I would like them to be
Thanx for your help!

lecrn Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 6:47pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

Super cute cake! I was hoping for a pic of a bow made using them, thanx.
I think I'll pass on the cutter though, the bows are'nt as realistic as I would like them to be
Thanx for your help!

Your welcome. Spend your $ on something else. icon_lol.gif

Mensch Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 6:50pm
post #6 of 7

I have the small cutter set and use it quite often. For larger bows I prefer to make them by hand, but for small ones I like the cutters.

bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 6:57pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

Does it make good bows or should I just stick to doing them by hand?

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&ShopId=38&CatId=527&SubCatId=1583&productId=630498

I've got them in all six sizes! Just love them too! In my pix, for Bella's purse cake I did some chocolate shoes -- I used the bow cutter for the bows on those shoes. For larger bows I do them by hand as well, but for the smaller ones they're wonderful. Hope that helps some! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%