Cake Boss Software ...

Business By Rachie204 Updated 18 Feb 2014 , 2:35am by Shelly1031

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 43

How many of you use the cake boss software for your business? I am going to be starting mine soon and want to make the right decision. If you do have it...do you feel it was worth the money?

42 replies
CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 43

I wanted it for so long, I just bought it a few days ago, tried it out and returned it.

I felt bad returning it because it's a really wonderful and user friendly
program and does almost everything for you.

But I already had all that stuff set up in Excel so there was no need for it and I did'nt want to have to re-enter all my info .

If you are starting from the ground up and needing to find your price per recipe/serving and don't already have a method of book keeping and order records then it is a good purchase.

I wish I had bought it years ago before I did all my spreadsheets, it would have saved me days on Excel.

But I only speak for myself I'm sure there are others who have switched to it and loved it, I just know my spreadsheets like the back of my hand and did'nt want to change anything....why fix if it ain't broke kinda thing.

Rachie204 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 43

thanks so much cake mommy...you helped a lot! I have not ever priced my cakes so it will all be new for me. If it is user friendly that is a huge help....I have checked out the pricing matrix here on CC and can't even figure those out....lol. I can't afford it right now seeings as how I am trying to get my kitchen done...But after that I am thinking about getting it.

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 43

Rachie, I have had CakeBoss for 2 months now and love it. I wish I had bought it sooner. The program is very user friendly. Remember that you will get a 10% discount for being a CC member.

Ladyfish74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyfish74 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 11:32pm
post #5 of 43

I LOVE CAKEBOSS!! That being said, I LOVE CAKEBOSS!! did I say that already? lol, Really, I have had it for almost a year and it makes doing cake estimates and sending invoices so much easier and less confusing. I have my logo and information loaded into the program and when I send an invoice or estimate by email, it just looks so professional. People are impressed with it and take me more seriously, I think. Well worth the money in my humble opinion!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 12:09am
post #6 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfish74

I LOVE CAKEBOSS!! That being said, I LOVE CAKEBOSS!! did I say that already? lol, Really, I have had it for almost a year and it makes doing cake estimates and sending invoices so much easier and less confusing. I have my logo and information loaded into the program and when I send an invoice or estimate by email, it just looks so professional. People are impressed with it and take me more seriously, I think. Well worth the money in my humble opinion!

Agree, love, love, love it

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 4:59am
post #7 of 43

Hmm, cakemommy. I had used quickbooks, excel, AND had a well developed cake pricing matrix for years. None of those could compare to having it all in one place, the ability to have photos and drawings associated with the order right there for easy access, all the accounting necessary for cost/profit auto done for me. Sorry, I don't buy your excuse. One stop is always better than having to open more than one program to do what you need. And cake boss does it oh so well. You seem like a very intellegent woman, you know that any new management program will require extensive data entry prior to use. The Cake Boss website if very descriptive of what the program can do for you, and has a video tour showing all it's functions. I am sure you knew what the program could do for you well before you bought it. So since that is the case, and you feel that your excel and other programs that you use to run your business are already adequate, why would you even purchase it?

Rachie, you cannot go wrong with this software. Yes you have to do some work to set it up, but you would have to do that with any new program you get. Data entry is a pain. but a necessary pain. It is very much worth the effort. Take the video tour, ask the developer questions, the customer service with Cake Boss (Masters Software, Inc) is the best in the business. It was developed by a caker for cakers! Honestly you will be so happy with your purchase, and yes because you are a CC member, you get a 10% discount!

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 5:28am
post #8 of 43

I just bought it tonight and can't wait to start using it!!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 5:34am
post #9 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

Hmm, cakemommy. I had used quickbooks, excel, AND had a well developed cake pricing matrix for years. None of those could compare to having it all in one place, the ability to have photos and drawings associated with the order right there for easy access, all the accounting necessary for cost/profit auto done for me. Sorry, I don't buy your excuse. One stop is always better than having to open more than one program to do what you need. And does it oh so well. You seem like a very intellegent woman, you know that any new management program will require extensive data entry prior to use. The website if very descriptive of what the program can do for you, and has a video tour showing all it's functions. I am sure you knew what the program could do for you well before you bought it. So since that is the case, and you feel that your excel and other programs that you use to run your business are already adequate, why would you even purchase it?

Excuse? Why would I be making excuses?
I bought it because I thought it would be better for me then what I had, just turns out I like what I had created for myself better, thats a bad thing?
I watched the videos, I read and studied the website for the past 2 years, I was happy with what I had but I figured with all the rave reviews I should get it.
My spreadsheet includes separate worksheets, no need to open any additional programs they are all there on tabs at the bottom, just click and the page opens....just like Cake Boss just without all the pretty icons.
It does everything I need it to ,right down to calculating my gross profit margin, its not some rinky dink list I whipped up in a few minutes I spent weeks putting it together.
So like I said before why fix something that isnt broke?
Yes I know I would need to do massive data entry, but why when I already had it down and exactly the way I wanted it done?
I know it like the back of my hand and it is 100% personalized to me.
After I tried out Cake Boss I discovered that I just plain preferred my own creation to it, doesnt mean its not a great program and doesnt mean it doesnt work for everyone else.
Maybe you dont know how to operate Excel to its full potential?
I dont know why you have to basically say Im lying?
So what ,something I do didnt work out for you, you do notice I said I speak only for myself right?
I wasnt telling anyone what was the right or wrong thing to do .
I answered a question truthfully with my own opinion and experience, Ill try to refrain from that in the future.

Ladyfish74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyfish74 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 11:05pm
post #10 of 43

Cakemommy,
for the record, I thought you were very positive about Cakeboss and didn't find your post offensive, negative, or in any way dishonest. thumbs_up.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 11:09pm
post #11 of 43

OH NO!!!!!!

It's another "scratch vs. box mix" fight!!!!!

Rachie204 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 12:56am
post #12 of 43

thank you all for your feedback. It was most helpful. I think I will purchase it when i get the money...seeings as how I don't have anything else that I use yet.

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 1:49am
post #13 of 43

I have Cakeboss and am still in the process of entering recipes/data. I have a catering business and use it for those recipes as well.

PoodleDoodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PoodleDoodle Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:15am
post #14 of 43

Congrats Rachie on starting your business. I use cake boss for tracking and estimates. It's great. It does take time to enter all your recipes but it's well worth the time. You get excellent tech support within 24 hrs. I use QuickBooks for accounting purposes. You can get a "free" simple version of quickbooks. It's pretty user friendly also.

CakeMommyTX - I thought your 1st comment was very professional & honest. Not opinionated.

jewelsq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelsq Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 4:23pm
post #15 of 43

I like Cake Boss.
I have found their customer service to be exceptionally responsive and helpful.

samicakesny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samicakesny Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 7:12pm
post #16 of 43

@ Cake Mommy - I am getting ready to purchase Cake Boss and I found your comments very helpful! I felt like yes you tried it and you thought it was great just not for you.
End of story! Do not stop giving your honest opinion because one person gave theirs and decided to be a little agressive with it! DID I MENTION I'M STILL GOING TO PURCHASE!

SamiCakesNYC

KSCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSCakeCreations Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 4:32pm
post #17 of 43

I'm so glad to hear you all love Cake Boss software. And thank you CakeMommy for your honest, positive and candid review. I'm sorry you were verbally assaulted for posting your honest opinion about preferring your tried and true method. To each his own, right? icon_smile.gif

I am in the process of starting a business and just found CC. I have learned so much in the last 48 hours of exploring this site!! I am kind of already sold on the Cake Boss software, but I am not at the point where I need it yet, and for the price, I want to make sure it will be a worthwhile purchase. Does anyone know of any other software that I can compare it to? I am happy to find out that I get a discount by being a member here!!

PoshPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PoshPanda Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 9:06pm
post #18 of 43

I am also looking for a software to help me organize a new business venture.  I am currently pricing by the seat of my pants and I need to find a way to make it simple and easy to have a stable pricing matrix.  I'm happy to see all the good reviews.  I think it might just have to go on my Christmas list.icon_smile.gif

SweetSurvivors Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSurvivors Posted 9 Dec 2012 , 12:14am
post #19 of 43

I'm loving what I see about the Cake boss software, but is it still out there? I've tried the cake boss site and it's not working. In searching on bing I only find it mentioned on cake central and found some article about the Discovery Channell  being sued over the name cake boss and that the small business known as Cake Boss prior to this show won their lawsuit. Does anyone know where I can find the software? Thanks.

wilcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wilcox Posted 9 Dec 2012 , 1:10am
post #20 of 43

Thanks everybody. I plan on buyng cake boss this week

debm1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debm1 Posted 10 Dec 2012 , 5:16pm
post #21 of 43

I just got the cakeboss software a few weeks ago. It is a fabulous tool. You also get 10% off if you are a cake central member. Here is the link: http://www.cakeboss.com/CakeCentralOffer.aspx

SweetSurvivors Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSurvivors Posted 12 Dec 2012 , 2:26pm
post #22 of 43

Thanks so much for  the link! I went to cakeboss.com and it wasn't working the other day when I tried. Thanks again!

jewelrydiva326 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelrydiva326 Posted 13 Dec 2012 , 12:05am
post #23 of 43

Were you able to use the link? I tried in a few min ago and it is not working. :-(

SweetTsSA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTsSA Posted 13 Dec 2012 , 12:57pm
post #24 of 43

Hi All,

After months of pondering, I'm finally ready to purchase but suddenly IT"S GONE icon_surprised.gif and I'm devastated icon_cry.gif.  I've tried the website, the link from Cake Central, I've googled.  Cannot find it anywhere.  Any ideas?

debm1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debm1 Posted 13 Dec 2012 , 5:47pm
post #25 of 43
julz210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julz210 Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 6:52pm
post #26 of 43

Could they have been finally updating it to 2012 instead of 2010 and took the site down for that?  I just typed in the site and it was working just fine.  I've been wanting the software for a very long time, but it always said 2010 and I didn't want to pay to get it then a few months later pay again for the updated version.  So I waited. I noticed it no longer says 2010 on it, but I still don't know if it's updated to 2012 or not.  Anyone have any idea on the update part?  If it's updated then I'll get either next week or right after the first of the year so I can start to see an improvement on one, my files, and two my prices. 

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 30 Dec 2012 , 12:08am
post #27 of 43

I just bought it a few days ago and I am still trying to learn all about it! I have used Quicken for the past several years for invoices, etc but thought I would give CakeBoss a try to see if I could really see how much I am earning/vs spending

CupcakeCarly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeCarly Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 11:30am
post #28 of 43

I haven't seen any recent responses. Has anybody recently purchased CakeBoss?

keepingitreal21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keepingitreal21 Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 4:01pm
post #29 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeCarly 

I haven't seen any recent responses. Has anybody recently purchased CakeBoss?

Not recently but I've had it for the last year. Love my CakeBoss! It really helps you see the cost of making a cake. You still have to input the correct hourly wage for your area for a decorator of your skill. You also need to understand time consumed on a cake. It's a wonderful tool with a small learning curve. You will really enjoy it! IMO

Feel free to PM if you have any questions. Since you're a CC member, you can get 10% off.

BettyLea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyLea Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 4:48pm
post #30 of 43

Where can I purchase Cake Boss Software?

Thank you

Betty

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%