Chocolate Melts?

Decorating By weidertm24 Updated 20 Feb 2010 , 6:14pm by glendaleAZ

weidertm24 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 2:46am
post #1 of 6

Just wondering where I can find these so that I can make a candy clay?

Would a local walmart have this, or possibly a craft store?

Also, what's the difference between morsels and melts or wafers?

5 replies
Niliquely Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 3:02am
post #2 of 6

I get mine at Walmart or at a local hardware store that carries the Wilton stuff. You can also order them online.

weidertm24 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 3:28am
post #3 of 6


I'll have to try and look at those places.

milkmaid42 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 7:56am
post #4 of 6

Morsels are made of chocolate which contains cocoa butter, whereas melts use vetetable oils. I, personally, find that melts are a little more difficult to work with--as far as sculpture goes--due to the heat from my hands. I don't seem to have as much trouble with real chocolate. This is just my personal opinion though.

weidertm24 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 6

So I can use either, it won't make a difference when it come to making modeling chocolate?

Thanksss. You we're both much help.

glendaleAZ Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 6:14pm
post #6 of 6

I get mine from a couple different stores: Walmart, my local cake supply store, and Michaels.

Ive only worked with melts and have had good results.

Quote by @%username% on %date%