Yankees Themed Wedding Cake

Decorating By Lee15 Updated 17 Feb 2010 , 12:54pm by Lee15

Lee15 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 12:18am
post #1 of 7

My fellow cakers - I need help with a design. I have a 3-tier Yankees themed wedding cake order. Design is up to me. Bottom layer I was doing with the Yankees stripes. The second tier will be white with the couples initials in a similar fashion to the Yankees logo all over the tier. The top layer is going to be quilted with dragees or tiny flowers at the intersection of the quilt pattern.

I am happy with the top layer but the second and third tiers just seem so blah. Does anyone have any suggestions to help improve these two layers?

Many thanks.

Lisa

6 replies
djs328 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 12:40am
post #2 of 7

Hmm....what about incorporating baseballs somehow? Maybe on wires, make them look like just little balls, but the stitching on the ball in silver or something subtle, so they would be elegant, but still with the theme? I think your plan sounds really good...and I love the idea of a Yankees wedding cake! Very fun...can't wait to see how it comes out!
icon_smile.gif

pattycakesnj Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 12:50am
post #3 of 7

I love the idea of the middle tier, their initials in the Yankee logo style. Don't change that and do it in Yankee blue

Lee15 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 9:11pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for your input and encouragement. Will keep you posted - cake is due towards the end of March.

Mike1394 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 7

Put on some million dollar bills, and some steriods.

Mike

djs328 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 10:01pm
post #6 of 7

[quote="Mike1394"]Put on some million dollar bills, and some steriods.

Mike[/quote

OOOOUCH!!!!!! icon_wink.gif Not a Yankee fan, I take it? icon_wink.gif

Lee15 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 12:54pm
post #7 of 7

Mike - funnnnnnnnnnny! I live in NY but also think that the Yankees are over-rated (no, please don't respond and make this thread about the Yankees). No a big fan but business is business.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%