Those Of You With Cake Blogs...

Lounge By jillmakescakes Updated 12 Mar 2010 , 1:47am by Torts

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:20am
post #31 of 39

debi debi debi... I tell you... you are so wise... I love the fact that I "know" you... thanks for all your advice and helpful hints.... I will start twitter tmo morning!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:53pm
post #32 of 39

If you have a blog and you're on twitter you can also use twitterfeed.com to announce new blog posts. You go to twitterfeed and enter the RSS information (there's a tutorial to tell you how) then twitterfeed searches your blog for new content every hour. When it finds a new post it sends a tweet under your username announcing a new blog entry. No effort on your part!

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:26pm
post #33 of 39

We use twitterfeed to update our son's twitter account when we have new blog posts. I have a blog that I use for just posting things about my hobbies that I haven't updated in a very long time, but I have a blog for my stationery and crochet gift business. I don't get a lot of traffic there either. I get more from my facebook fan page than anything.

I think with any blog it just takes time for traffic to build up. Even with my son's near-drowning recovery blog, it took a while for the traffic to build and we still don't get a lot of comments. I'm okay with that. We're still trying to build up traffic, especially when we're trying to do fundraisers.

jennywenny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennywenny Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:33pm
post #34 of 39

The best way to get publicity seems to be commenting on other peoples blogs, having really good photography and content, and updating regularly. A giveaway is a sure fire way to build up tons of traffic and you wouldnt have to give much away! Another way is to join a group such as the daring bakers, then you'll have all those folks stopping by, and maybe staying.

Torts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Torts Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:41pm
post #35 of 39

I started one not too long ago, but just made it public- it's a blend of law school and cakes, termed "Tort Pleaser" (which lawyers chuckle at, but I doubt others would)... I only have one follower and no comments thus far though icon_sad.gif

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 7:31pm
post #36 of 39

Wow, I never thought cake blogs were that popular. My best friend has a cooking blog, and has had it for a while now. I just started a cake one the other night, more to have fun with than anything else. I'm pretty sure the link is in my signature. icon_smile.gif Oh, and so far my only follower and commenter is my best friend, lol.

I have to get going, but I'm going to check out all of your blogs tonight!

~Chelle

Torts Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 10:12pm
post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleb1974

Oh, and so far my only follower and commenter is my best friend, lol.

Same case here, haha!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 1:33am
post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleb1974

Oh, and so far my only follower and commenter is my best friend, lol.

Same case here, haha!

Torts, what's the address for your blog?

Torts Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 1:47am
post #39 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Torts, what's the address for your blog?

http://www.tortpleaser.blogspot.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%