Mouth Cookies W/teeth & Braces -Need Help Please...

Baking By Julie53 Updated 16 Feb 2010 , 4:59am by JanH

Julie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julie53 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 10:31pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone made the mouth cookies and decorated them with teeth & braces? My son is getting his braces off this week and I wanted to bring some cookies into the doctors office. I was wondering what steps you do to decorate. Do you ice them all white then do the lips red & the braces or what? Thank in advance!

6 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 7

Here are some mouth cookies (with braces and/or teeth) from the Cookies gallery:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=braces&album=69&search_user=

HTH

Julie53 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks Jan, I appreciate your help. I did see those but was not sure exactly how they did it. I will experiment. icon_cool.gif

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 7

I think I will do the same when I get my braces off!!!

JanH Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 4:36am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie53

Thanks Jan, I appreciate your help. I did see those but was not sure exactly how they did it. I will experiment. icon_cool.gif

Well, if you have one cookie design you'd like to recreate, post a link and advise what's giving you trouble.

It's so much easier to answer several specific questions than try to give directions for making all the mouth cookies in the galleries. icon_lol.gif

Julie53 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 4:52am
post #6 of 7

Thanks Jan, Laurie (one of the members) emailed the directions. I think I am good. Sorry for seeming stupid here! I am still new at this posting and need to learn to be more specific. I appreciate the time you took. icon_cool.gif

JanH Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 4:59am
post #7 of 7

You're welcome Julie. icon_biggrin.gif Glad you got the help you needed. thumbs_up.gif

Look forward to seeing your cookies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%