Shipping?!?!

Baking By sweetcakesbylindsey Updated 16 Feb 2010 , 1:44am by sweetcakesbylindsey

sweetcakesbylindsey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbylindsey Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 6

Looking for advice on how to get 50 cross shaped cookies delivered in one piece (well, 50 pieces!). What's the best way to package and ship cookies so that they'll make it in tip-top shape?!

5 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 6

wrap each one in a piece of bubble wrap and fit them so they are snug together inside of a box. then put that box inside of a larger box with packing peanuts all around top, bottom, and sides. The most important thing is to not let ANY of the cookies MOVE around at all! they will break eachother if they're able to move around.

sweetcakesbylindsey Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 6

THANK YOU icon_biggrin.gif

emilyc262 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyc262 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 11:07pm
post #4 of 6

I have done the same as KHalstead. I had a problem once with bigger cookies. I think the weight of them broke some. I now divide them into batches to mail. 2 smaller boxes inside the big box.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 6

My secret is cheap toilet paper......... icon_lol.gif

I take a large-ish box, put down a layer of bubble wrap and then take a roll of cheap toilet paper and very loosely let it fill up the bottom of the box. I put in individually bagged cookies, cover that with another layer or 2 of loose, fluffy TP, add another piece of bubble wrap, put on the box lid, and tape shut.

THEN, I take another box a bit larger than the first, put in several rolls of unrolled TP, insert the box of cookies, unroll more TP on top of that, and seal the box.

I love the TP--it's lightweight, very cushiony. I find that a 4 roll pack from the Dollar Store will do a packing box for 2 dozen large cookies very nicely.

HTH
RAe

sweetcakesbylindsey Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 1:44am
post #6 of 6

GREAT! such wonderful tips...i think i'll use all 3 thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%