Cricut Cake....

Decorating By Rachie204 Updated 16 Feb 2010 , 3:21pm by Sugarrushconfections

Rachie204 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 5:55pm
post #1 of 9

What do you all think about the new cricut cake? Does anyone know what the price is going to be? I'm guessing around $300.00. I am wondering what the benefit would be to have this over having the regular cricut that is only used for Caking. I am also curious about the cartridges...i wonder if those are going to be sold separately or if it isn't going to require them. Anyone know?

8 replies
Rachie204 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 9

OKay well I just found the price... $400.00 I am still wondering about the other stuff.

tiggy2 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 9

If you do a search on here for cricut someone is selling them for $295 after $50 discount. There are several threads about the cricut on CC

2SchnauzerLady Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 9

I'm waiting to see if the cartridge is separate, because I can't justify having 2 machines that essentially do the same thing! $400 is too rich for me! There have been several threads on this topic here on CC. I know I've seen other members write that they just want the cartridge.

Rachie204 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 6:08pm
post #5 of 9

thanks tiggy. I have read many of the cricut posts here but haven't heard much about the cricut cake. I did find out that it takes looks like they have a basic one that comes with the machine and you can use the originals as well. I think for $400 it might make sense to get a regular one.

Rachie204 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 6:09pm
post #6 of 9

TNTF~ Looks like it has a separate cartridge called Cake Basics.

tiggy2 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 8:09pm
post #7 of 9

You can also use Make The Cut and SCAL software and get images off the internet so you don't have to purchase more cartridges. Inkscape can be downloaded free and you can design your own patterns. Hook your cricut up to your computer with a USB cable and you're good to go. You do need one cartridge to be able to cut though. The cake cartridge will only be sold with the machine initally.

brooklyncaillouet Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 11:51pm
post #8 of 9

For those of you wondering if you should invest in the new Cricut Cake machine, realize that Linda McClure invented this method and uses the regular machine. The new cake machine is the Expression, only with the modifications that Linda shows in her DVD. If you already have a Cricut you don't need to buy a new machine. Not only can use use a Cricut, but the Wishblade, Silhouette and Gazelle all work the same and will cut gum paste. The designs on the cartridge that comes with the Cricut Cake machine can be duplicated in your SCAL or MTC programs. There really is nothing special about this new machine. I saw it in person and did cut gum paste designs with it. I will stick with my Expressions, it works just fine.

Sugarrushconfections Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 3:21pm
post #9 of 9

I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm having a real problem cutting my gumpaste on my cricut. I've watch Linda's dvd a few times, did all of the modifications and adjusted my settings and I am having no luck getting a clean cut. For those of you having success would you mind giving me some tips, I would really appreciate it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%