Didn't Think I Remembered To Make The Cake?????

Decorating By cakesbybert Updated 15 Feb 2010 , 6:38pm by jayne1873

cakesbybert Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 7

Okay, Saturday delivered cake - well actually 4 cakes - 3-12x18 sheets and 2 tier decorated cake http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1584599

Lady said she would be there between 12 & 1pm to decorate and to deliver then. I arrive at 12:10. Lady is happy with the cake, then proceeds to say "Oh I was so worried that you forgot to make the cake - I was about ready to go to the store and buy cookies so we would have something to serve" What?? icon_eek.gif

Now we talked just two days before, she called wanting to know the size of the topper I made so she could buy a glass dome to save it in. Her statement really threw me for a loop - especially after a couple of really late nights (early mornings) working on these cakes.

Plus to top that off she about ripped part of the decorations off of the cake. She reaches for the crossword puzzle on the front - "Ohh is this the bill" - I actually yelled "NO don't touch" Okay who puts the bill on the cake???

What even makes me shake my head more is that this woman is a VP in a local bank.

6 replies
jessielou Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 7

haha some people are just not too bright!! Your cake was amazing btw!!

kilikina_24 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 7

People are so wierd sometimes! I would have flipped out too if she started to touch anything on that cake--it was incredible!!! You did a great job!! thumbs_up.gif

revskg Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 7

It is a FABULOUS cake. It sounds to me like the client was intoxicated. Maybe she started the party a little early?

MACakes Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 7

Some people just can't handle stress. And she's a VP?? icon_confused.gif

Beautiful detail on your cake! Nice clean work.

cakesbybert Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 4:40pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone.

Sad thing revskg she wasn't intoxicated! This is not the first time this woman has made me go What??? icon_confused.gificon_eek.gif She happens to be the sister of my boss's wife.

jayne1873 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 6:38pm
post #7 of 7

Dont some people make you laugh. Lady came to collect one of mine and said oh thats good like she was surprised, did she think it was going to be rubbish? then why order from me lol.
Your cake is fab btw. Loads of great detail

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%