Did You Get Any Cool Cake Supplies/tools For Valentine's Day

Lounge By Thanksharla Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 3:14pm by Rachie204

Thanksharla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thanksharla Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 2:41am
post #1 of 16

My hubby got me a cake lifter and a Wilton Dessert Decorating Pro today.

Did you get anything cool?

15 replies
Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 2:45am
post #2 of 16

NO! icon_smile.gif

Thanksharla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thanksharla Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 2:48am
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie204

NO! icon_smile.gif

That sucks. Sorry. My hubby is into grilling and smoking food and I love cake decorating so we make a great team. Supper and dessert in one house. icon_biggrin.gif

Rachie204 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 3:14am
post #4 of 16

My hubby is in the dog house...lol! That is great for you though. I think I am going to buy my own gifts from now on. icon_smile.gif

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 3:23am
post #5 of 16

we dont do valentines day - but he bought me the Julie & Julia dvd during the week and we sat down and watched that together (and he enjoyed it although he wont admit it)

..... but hubby did go outside and steal a spray of gardenias from our neighbours garden about 5pm..... pity i HATE the smell of gardenias, more the pity he doesnt know this after being married for 10yrs

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 4:45am
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-A

we dont do valentines day - but he bought me the Julie & Julia dvd during the week and we sat down and watched that together (and he enjoyed it although he wont admit it)

..... but hubby did go outside and steal a spray of gardenias from our neighbours garden about 5pm..... pity i HATE the smell of gardenias, more the pity he doesnt know this after being married for 10yrs

HAHA you really crack me up!

I got some flowers and ballons. He was thinking he was going to get away with that being for Valentines and my Bday (today) and so yesterday I said "where's my birthday present". He pointed to the bouquet and I said "OH NO we DON'T lump birthdays with other holidays" and he looked a little sheepish and said "well I'll get you something, what do you want?" He's terrible at gift giving so I said "Cake Central Magazine Subscription" and he was happy! He said "That's easy enough!"...I was like here is the link...do it now! And he did!

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 6:53am
post #7 of 16

Day before Valentines, I made sure he bought me flowers and the day after, i went with him to buy a digital photoframe for his parents and made sure I got one as well (for my cakes). Sometimes a woman just has to become proactive, especially since valentines is not in my hubby's vocabulary

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 6:59am
post #8 of 16

My husband was going to buy the Cricut from Big Lots on Sunday morning...he had his bag of tacos (to kill time for the two hour wait) and was first in line at the door...and I called and told him not to get it, so I didn't get anything for Valentine's day. That was okay though, we're buying a house and I'd rather have that $100 for unexpected expenses than a machine I won't have time to play with for a few months until we're done with the move.

I bought my husband a toy car, and the kids blabbed that it was a toy car and he was so excited that he opened it a day early icon_biggrin.gif I used to buy them for him before we had kids and didn't realize how much he liked me doing that.

Rachie204 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 2:05pm
post #9 of 16

Well midnight we were going to bed and I said hey you still haven't gotten me anything for valentines day....you could at least write me a letter. (what i meant by that was spend some time writing me a nice love letter) Work up the next morning and there was nothing on the table where his things and the kids things were. He is upstairs "Getting dresses" for about 5 minutes and returns with a quickly written note including the following senteces. ... "I love you like and overly obese person loves food" and "I long for you the way our dog longs to eat after not being fed for 5 days"....

Oh how romantic. Then yesterday he laid some wood floor in our kitchen and claimed that was my gift. (he was supposed to do that over a year ago...i have been walking past box's of wood every time i want to go into our bedroom for longer than i can account for) Oh well from now on I am going to tell him not to get me anything and I will do my own shopping. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 2:30pm
post #10 of 16

No cake stuff for me. Since I'm single I didn't even wait for anyone to get me anything. Instead my mom and I bought me some flowers and they are sitting on my desk at work. I also spent the afternoon shopping with my mom. Sometimes you just have to do what makes you happy yourself.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 2:54pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:

Well midnight we were going to bed and I said hey you still haven't gotten me anything for valentines day....you could at least write me a letter. (what i meant by that was spend some time writing me a nice love letter) Work up the next morning and there was nothing on the table where his things and the kids things were. He is upstairs "Getting dresses" for about 5 minutes and returns with a quickly written note including the following senteces. ... "I love you like and overly obese person loves food" and "I long for you the way our dog longs to eat after not being fed for 5 days"....

Oh how romantic. Then yesterday he laid some wood floor in our kitchen and claimed that was my gift. (he was supposed to do that over a year ago...i have been walking past box's of wood every time i want to go into our bedroom for longer than i can account for) Oh well from now on I am going to tell him not to get me anything and I will do my own shopping. icon_smile.gif

Oh that was so romantic! Your husband sounds like quite the character.

onlymadaresane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onlymadaresane Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 3:40pm
post #12 of 16

Valentines Day and my DH have never seen eye to eye.

Almost 10 years together and he still doesn't get it. Oh well.

I've decided next year if he doesn't figure it out he can make dinner for a week. From scratch. AND it has to be edible.

Rachie204 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 4:11pm
post #13 of 16

I guess I should mention that he included a "coupon" to go out and eat whenever I wanted.....Hum...I have my own debit card to our account...I CAN go eat whenever I want. What would make it a "gift" would be if he would plan somewhere special....get a sitter and take me out. I don't think they get it.

Onlymad~ Edible...lol Good Luck with that. icon_smile.gif

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 10:55pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:

What would make it a "gift" would be if he would plan somewhere special....get a sitter and take me out. I don't think they get it.

Oh, my goodness... YES! That's what I've been waiting years for. I'm trying to remember if that has ever happened. Thinking... thinking... thinking... (okay... lack of memory doesn't mean it NEVER has happened... my brain doesn't always retain info or make the connections I want it to, but it DOES mean it's few and far enough between that nothing comes easily to mind)... thinking... nope, can't think of anything.

It's even easier now... my oldest is 14, so he doesn't even have to worry about the babysitter.

If only he'd realize it might save money, too. Lack of dates justifies an awful lot of buying dinner instead of cooking it, going out to lunch with or without friends, and spending $ on hobby toys.

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:02pm
post #15 of 16

Regarding this Valentine's Day specifically, though, I spent enough at GSA's big stockup sale that I told him he didn't have to worry about getting me anything for Valentine's, and he DID still get me roses and surprise me (he was rather sneaky) chocolates and a card.

He also wanted to get me a netbook (one of those tiny computers), but when he took me to look at them, I wondered aloud if the price would come down and/or features improved once the iPad comes to market, so we decided it might be good to wait a couple of months and see.

He's definitely a keeper.

Rachie204 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 3:14pm
post #16 of 16

Sagebrush...thats the sweet things mine used to do....then we got engaged! LOL Consider yourself blessed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%