Need Financial Advice On Renting Kitchen....

Business By Sillyred Updated 15 Feb 2010 , 2:55pm by costumeczar

Sillyred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sillyred Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 2:05am
post #1 of 2

I have been in contact with a local caterer who is willing to rent his kitchen to me at his storefront in the evenings. I plan to meet with him this week and take a look at his kitchen. The caterer has mentioned that he would be willing to sell my cupcakes and cookies in his storefront where he serves lunch only. I could also use the kitchen to to make items to sell on my own.

For those of you who have had a similar set up, how much percentage of your sold goods went to the owner of the kitchen? I'm curious what the going rate is?

And what type of financial arrangement do you have if you're both selling for the kitchen owner, as well as selling your items on your own. Any advice would be so appreciated!!

1 reply
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 2:55pm
post #2 of 2

I'll give you a bump...The only thing I'd say is to sell the cupcakes to him outright, not to do a commission thing. I could be totally wrong, so if someone else wants to add something please do. I just think that you'll have a lot less wasted product if he gives you an order, as opposed to having you make a ton of things that sit in the case and don't sell. Having said that, you also shouldn't mark your product down a ton to sell to him. Just watch out that you don't end up losing money on the deal.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%