Footed Cake Boards??

Decorating By me_mysister Updated 15 Feb 2010 , 4:40pm by jobueno

me_mysister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_mysister Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 8

How & what do I use as feet on cake boards so that it's easier for me to move and carry the cake?

Is there a tutorial? Or if anyone can help that would be great!

Thanks so much!

7 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 8

I'm not sure what you mean by footed -- but I always hot glue a smaller cake board underneath the larger cake board to act as a riser making it easier for your fingers to slip under to pick up the cake. Is that what you're referring to?

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 8

How about those little adhesive silicone or rubber bump things you can buy on a sheet. Like what you might use on the back of a picture frame to keep from tilting or scratching the wall or under something so it doesn't scratch the furniture. I have no idea what they are called though so hope you can figure out what I am referring to. I think they would raise it a quarter inch or so.

me_mysister Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 10:14pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 10:30pm
post #5 of 8

i use the little rubber things that go on back of picture frames.etc.. my friend told me about them. works great. some people cut little squares of styrofoam. and glue them on. i have used the rings that i take off the single plate system. and glue these on... lots of things you can use for this .. hth

kitty122000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitty122000 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 3:22am
post #6 of 8

I get my ribbon on the $.99 rolls at Joann's for the edge of my board, then use the spool that the ribbon comes on cut in half and covered in paper hot glued for the "feet"

me_mysister Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 3:41am
post #7 of 8

Thanks for the ideas! I will definitely try these out.

jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 4:40pm
post #8 of 8

I use water bottle caps. Since at home we buy those by the box, I remove the caps and then hot glue them to the bottom of my boards. The bottles I recycle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%