I'm wondering if anyone has an icing recipe that combines buttercream and cream cheese? I want the taste of cream cheese but the light and fluffiness of buttercream?
I did a search but couldn't find anything.... way too many hits on 'cream' ...
I haven't tried it, but other cakers have said they just add cream cheese to their usual BC recipe. Denette
Here is a recipe that I use, its delicious.
* 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
* 1 (1-pound) box confectioners' sugar
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Place cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until creamy, about 30 seconds.
2. With the mixer on low, slowly add sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowls as necessary.
3. Add vanilla and increase mixer speed to medium. Blend until frosting is fluffy, about 1 minute.
earlenescakes.com has a recipe for this.
thanks! I'll definitely try this next time.. but since I hadn't heard back and needed to make the cake yesterday afternoon I tried searching again and found one here on CC....a basic BC recipe with a block of cream cheese added. it tasted good but I found it was harder to decorate with...