Unopened Sleeve Filling Storage

Decorating By Munchkinette Updated 13 Feb 2010 , 5:47pm by all4cake

Munchkinette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Munchkinette Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 7

I oven estimated and bought too many of the lemon sleeve filling. So now I have an entire unopened sleeve of lemon filling, how should I store it? Can I just leave it on a shelf in the kitchen, or can I freeze it? I would love to be able to freeze it since I don't know when I'll be using it again. Thanks!

Becky

6 replies
victoriacakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victoriacakery Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 7

If unopened, just store it on the shelf. I buy multiples of fillings to have on hand for just that reason. I don't believe freezing would be necessary. In fact, it may even ruin it from the freeze/thaw cycles that occur in most home freezers. HTH

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 7

Agreed. keep an eye on the sell by date.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 7

i just keep mine in a cool room .. when i open them. i take what is left.. put in storage container... keep in fridge....

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 4:26pm
post #5 of 7

I have some bavarian creme filling that has no sell by/use by date on it. I heard they keep indefinitely...lol...really, how long is that in years?

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 4:33pm
post #6 of 7

I'd also like to know. I've never thought to check the expiration date, just checked there isn't one on the sleeve.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 5:47pm
post #7 of 7

The one I have is actually banana cream filling (not bavarian as I previously stated). I tried to contact customer service...I reckon some folk really do work Mon-Fri or maybe 'cause it's President's Day weekend... So, I emailed them with the series of numbers(lot number?). Hopefully, someone will be able to determine it's usability. I had purchased different flavors at different times.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%