Will Be Going To Vancouver Bc

Lounge By quilting2011 Updated 14 Feb 2010 , 7:21am by Peachshortcake

quilting2011 Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 8:41am
post #1 of 10

My sister and family live in lions bay- Vancouver. She received free tickets from her boss to attend the closing ceremonies. She had extra and is giving them to me and my husband. We have to pay extra for the kids.

We decided not to go to ICES san Diego and cake camp next year. Instead we will use the money saved to pay for our airfair tvisit my sister and her family and ATTEND the closing ceremony. This is a one time life experience.

We will be in Vancouver on 2/20 and attending the closing ceremony the following week.

I can always visit cake show anytime.

Will share pics.

I am excited!!!!!

9 replies
JGMB Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 1:21pm
post #2 of 10

Have a wonderful time!!! thumbs_up.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 3:13pm
post #3 of 10

We watched the opening ceremonies last night and they were Spectacular!! Vancouver is a Beautiful city...Can we say Very proud Canadian!!!

Seriously though....Enjoy yourself....

quilting2011 Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 10

My sister and I are born in NYC. My brother in law is canadian. She is raising her kids in Canada.

I am looking forward to the trip. I figure the money we have been saving to visit San Diego this summer we decided to use that money to pay for our airfare to Vancouever.

I can go to an ICES event anytime.

nannie Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 4:55pm
post #5 of 10

How wonderful.

The opening ceremonies were just amazing. And all the shots of the mountains........... I wanna watch the cross country just to see the scenery.

I lived in Vancover in the early 1960;s and just loved it but it was much smaller without all the skyscrapers. I hardly recognize it now.

be sure to let us know about your experience.

ethanriley Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 5:05pm
post #6 of 10

I am a proud Vancouverite icon_biggrin.gif and I hope you enjoy your time in our wonderful, beautiful city! This is an amazing time and oportunity to be hosting the 2010 Olympic Games! Enjoy the closing ceremonies!

Go Canada Go!!!

quilting2011 Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 6:59pm
post #7 of 10

Ethanriley-

This will be my first time to visit Canada. My sister and her husband lived in Southern California 8 years. After her husband's employee transferred him back to his hometown they decided to stay there.

She loves living in Canada and will never live in Southern california (Glendale) again.

Are there any cake shops or cake supply stores you recommend.

ethanriley Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 8:33pm
post #8 of 10

Truffleruffle - I PM'd you

cakesondemand Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 9:48pm
post #9 of 10

Im 1hr east of Vancouver best cake shop is in Langley Scoop n Save other wise I shop at Nicholsons in Burnaby but you need a business licience. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Peachshortcake Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 7:21am
post #10 of 10

Have a great time in Vancouver. I live out there and |I am so excited that so many people will be visiting our beautiful city for the first time.
I have to recomment scoop and save as well for the cake shops. unfortenately we don't have that many. The gourmet warehouse is really good too. They have an awesome selection of pans and loranne oils, as well as many other food items and cool kitchen things. They're on 1340 East Hastings Street

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%