Cooking B-Day Party Theme

Decorating By Twngrls Updated 17 Feb 2010 , 2:10pm by DecorateMe

Twngrls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twngrls Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 3:14am
post #1 of 6

My girls are turning four on March 12 (yup...twins). They love to help me in the kitchen, and absolutely love their play kitchen. I've got the party all planned out, but I don't know what to do with their cake. I thought about a colorful cake that looked like a stove top with a couple pots on it...maybe a cooking spoon on a spoon rest. But, my girls say cakes are supposed to have hearts and flowers. Any ideas? I need a cute idea that can tie into a cooking party theme. I'd also appreciate any suggestions on designing it. Thanks!

5 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 6

What about an apron with flowers and/or a bowl with hearts and a spoon sitting in it (beside the apron)? I saw a home depot apron in the galleries and it was done well (and I'm sure there are others). You could use that as a template!

Or a sheet cake with flowers and hearts around the sides (or a tiered cake the same way) and the bowl and spoon and measuring cup on top). You could use the same hearts and flowers but smaller. You can buy those nesting fondant cutters or cookie cutters in flowers and hearts and then you'll have the bigger and smaller sizes. That would tie it all together. You could still make it look like a stove or counter top or do away with that plan - the options are endless!

Or the cake itself could be a giant heart or flower (or two hearts - one for each girl) and bowls and( other cooking paraphenalia) on top of each heart - maybe even a bowl with their name on i? But I have a 4 year old too and I say, "if they want flowers and hearts- give em' flowers and hearts!" Incorporate it somehow!
Have fun and happy b-day to your girls!

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 6

The first thing that came to mind was a stove with a cookie sheet with cookies sitting on top. But after reading your post how about a table with a mini decorated cake sitting on it with you and the girls made of modeling chocolate working on the cake? Lots of work but the girls would be wowed!

myKzooKid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myKzooKid Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 6

If you do a stove top, you could make the heating coils heart shaped and flower shaped instead of round. A spoon rest could be a colorful flower or heart too. Instead of typical stainless steel looking pans, you could make them look like enamel coated pans with lots of colorful hearts and flowers on them. Good luck! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Jillfcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jillfcs Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 6

Ohhhh, I like your idea about the stove top in conjunction with myKzooKids ideas! Continuing on, you could add googly girly eyes, juicy lips, etc. to the pots/spoons. How stinkin cute would that be?

DecorateMe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecorateMe Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 2:10pm
post #6 of 6

For my 4th birthday my Mom made me a stove top cake. It was really simple, using round cookies as the burners, but it was my favourite cake that she's made, and I still remember it icon_smile.gif

Have fun, I'm sure they'll love and remember whatever you do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%