Any Vancouver Cc Members Here?

Lounge By Deb_ Updated 14 Feb 2010 , 2:38pm by Deb_

Deb_ Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 2:07am
post #1 of 6

I'm so excited about the Olympics starting tonight....I can't wait to learn more about this beautiful city.

Anyone live close by to where the games are being held? Will you be attending any of the festivities?

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 6

I'm not from Vancouver but in 1988 we had the Winter Olympics here in Calgary and I can tell you it is Magical...The city was buzzing for weeks and it really was something to see...Very exciting so I'm sure everyone in BC is very elated!

Peachshortcake Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 7:24am
post #3 of 6

I'm going to one of the medal ceremonies and will be attending a lot of the free shows and cultural activites that are being offered.

lemonish Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 8:19am
post #4 of 6

I live about 25 minutes from downtown by transit which is really what you need to take to get down there with all of the closures and got lucky with tickets, we are going/went to, the opening and closing ceremonies, and mens and womens hockey.

It is a beautiful place, and we couldn't be luckier to be a part of it. They have hundreds of free events and concerts. There are 3 free concert sites that are going every night for the people as well as the country houses. But what people don't realize is the stuff to do in the Province outside of the city like wine country.

chelseak Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 8:50am
post #5 of 6

I am in Victoria, and although I was totally against going anywhere near Vancouver during the Olympics...Watching it on tv, the energy seems incredible! We have a couple friends over there who say it is unbelievable. So, we may go over for a visit next weekend. Visit the family and maybe try to catch some of this Olympic fever icon_smile.gif

Too bad about the protesters though...fine, you want to protest ok...can't you do it peacefully? Those people just ended up looking like morons.

Deb_ Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 2:38pm
post #6 of 6

Wow how exciting for all of you! Enjoy every minute of it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%