I Have To Make A Banana Filled Cake.....

Baking By mom2my3girlz Updated 13 Feb 2010 , 12:40am by MalibuBakinBarbie

mom2my3girlz Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 12:05am
post #1 of 5

I have to make a cake filled with sliced banans in pudding. I know I have to add lemon juice to bananas so that they wont turn brown. I just wanted to know how far ahead can I prepare filling? or how long can I freeze it in a container? or freeze the cake already filled?
I have frozen cakes already filled with other types of filling but this is my first time with a fruit filling. It save so much time if I can prepare a head of time. Help?

4 replies
TSG177 Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 12:22am
post #2 of 5

I have not had much success with using real bananas in filling. Last time I made a vanilla custard and added some banana baby food (stage 3 - added enough to taste) and it turned out pretty good. I didn't have to worry about the filling turning brown right away. Hope this helps,

tesso Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 12:32am
post #3 of 5

wow a banana pudding cake sounds so delicious. If you get it to work let me know. I'll have to make one.

oh what about the banana creme filling in the stores, the kind where banana's are optional? I cant imagine bananas holding up well.

patticakesnc Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 12:36am
post #4 of 5

I did one for a client and it was done a couple days ahead of time. I just kept it in the fridge and yes I did the lemon juice on the bananas and they stayed fresh looking.

MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 12:40am
post #5 of 5

I often use sliced bananas in a custard (pudding) filling and have never had a problem with the bananas browning. However, I've never froze the cake or filling, nor have I made it ahead of when I needed it to fill a cake. It's my brother's absolute favorite filling! icon_smile.gif Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%