Mac Logo Tappits/cutters/template Help

Decorating By CC22504 Updated 12 Feb 2010 , 7:40pm by CC22504

CC22504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CC22504 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all,

Is there any particular type of Tappit or Cutters I can buy to get the MAC logo lettering? I've seen some wonderful cakes on here and I've pm some users and to my heartache the logo was done free hand icon_cry.gif . I'm waiting on the others to respond.

I've been practicing my freehand technique and so far its a no go. I know there probably aren't any tappits or cutters that are exactly like the logo but I am willing to buy any that are pretty close! thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 5

MAC makeup? Mac the computer? Best thing I can think of is print out a template, put a thin sheet of GP of fondant over it, shine a flashlight under a glass table (or pyrex cake pan) and trace it with edible marker. The paint and fill in as needed. I do this for monograms and stuff I need very specific lettering/images for. Also, if it is a straightforward design, you can cut it out of semi dry fondant or GP with an exacto knife.

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 5

If I need a specific logo I usually just print out the logo from the computer and place it on top of fondant/gumpaste and trace around it with an exacto knife.

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 5

When I do the MAC logo; I usually just print the logo off from the computer; place it on the cake(usually fondant); then do the "pin-prick" method. Once I do that, I just go over it with BC and then paint it silver.

HTH icon_smile.gif

CC22504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CC22504 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys for all of your suggestions. icon_biggrin.gif

I meant the MAC makeup logo. (sorry icon_biggrin.gif )I heard from all of those who made those wonderful cakes and they all "free hand" it so I will have to as well. icon_redface.gif

I am also considering doing the letters with candy melts as a chocolate Transfer. I looked online and I did find the logo. I will print it out and see. I am so nervous b/c I really want it to look neat and clean! But I am going to try all of those and see which one looks the best and go from there!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%