cookinnut Posted 27 Aug 2005 , 3:46pm
post #1 of

Out of curiosity, has anyone used any govermental grants for female business owners to get started or to keep going?

6 replies
luv2cake Posted 27 Aug 2005 , 4:13pm
post #2 of

No, but I too would be interested in something like this.

melodyscakes Posted 28 Aug 2005 , 2:57am
post #3 of

i did research on this a while back and there is money out there for women to start a small business. i decided to go another way and pay as i go, and go when ever i want. with a loan you kinda have a business plan and i'm not good at that. anyway, look under your state gov. and small business on the web. i wouldnt go to a site where they charge you money for the info, but if you search long enough you'll find info on this.
good luck!
melody

cookinnut Posted 28 Aug 2005 , 3:47am
post #4 of

My sister and I have looked into it (pretty much on a wish-list basis, so far) so we haven't gotten any solid info yet, very hard to find on the web. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had gone this route and how it worked out.

Dannie Posted 28 Aug 2005 , 4:35am
post #5 of

When I first read the post, the first thing that came to mind was SCORE. They are a non-profit organization that I believe help and guide those who are looking to start a small businesses. Their web-site is www.score.org. I bet if you were to contact them they would be able to find grants, etc....

Good Luck!

-Dannie

Dannie Posted 28 Aug 2005 , 4:45am
post #6 of

So I browsed their website myself and when I looked up my chapter of score, they had a list of seminars and "women entrepreneurs" is one of them. Our chapter charges $35.00 for the seminar but it coudl be a great investment if come out with the knowledge your seeking!

and more Good Luck!

-Daniell

littlebubbieschocolates Posted 29 Aug 2005 , 12:04am
post #7 of

i know in maine theres alot of grant money out there

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%