Love My First Impressions Bead Mold...

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 24 Feb 2010 , 4:49pm by HarleyDee

Kiddiekakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 9

I used my new mold for the first time last night to make beads....I am sooo in love... icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif They popped out perfect and so easy to use.... thumbs_up.gif I can't wait to by more..Definetly worth the price!! thumbs_up.gif

Tired of using molds,tappits,etc that stick... icon_cry.gif

8 replies
 Price  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 9

Is that the one that makes the 1/2 pearl? I have been thinking about getting it, but wasn't sure if I should.

onlymadaresane  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onlymadaresane Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:34am
post #3 of 9

whatever tips and such you have please tell!!

I'm getting ready to order my first set!

lngo  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lngo Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:50am
post #4 of 9

I love mine too. At first I was worried about the flat back, but it's not that noticeable if you're using it as a border. That small flatness actually helps to adhere it to the cake. All I did was roll a a fondant snake in shortening then press into the mold. Amazingly easy and totally worth what I paid.

samiam22  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samiam22 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:51am
post #5 of 9

I have struggled with mine a bit...did you pop yours in the freezer? gumpaste or fondant? I have tried both and they tend to break into smaller sections,cornstarch or ps or nothing?...sorry so many questions.TIA....Happy for your success

tootsie927  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootsie927 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:59am
post #6 of 9

I have a few of the First Impression Molds, the are the best! I highly recommend.

samiam22  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samiam22 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 1:13am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lngo

I love mine too. At first I was worried about the flat back, but it's not that noticeable if you're using it as a border. That small flatness actually helps to adhere it to the cake. All I did was roll a a fondant snake in shortening then press into the mold. Amazingly easy and totally worth what I paid.

Thanks for the scoop..I will just try the fondant and Crisco next time..skip the ps and cornstarch.

Price  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 1:15am
post #8 of 9

Mine just came yesterday. Can't wait to get time to experiment with it. I'm wondering too, do I need to dust it with powdered sugar or luster dust to prevent sticking?

HarleyDee  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 4:49pm
post #9 of 9

I ordered a pearl border and silly me didn't even think to look at the brand. When I got it, it was a 360 degree mold. So now I have to go back and order a First Impressions flat back mold icon_smile.gif Glad you like it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%