Love My First Impressions Bead Mold...

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 24 Feb 2010 , 4:49pm by HarleyDee

Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 9

I used my new mold for the first time last night to make beads....I am sooo in love... icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif They popped out perfect and so easy to use.... thumbs_up.gif I can't wait to by more..Definetly worth the price!! thumbs_up.gif

Tired of using molds,tappits,etc that stick... icon_cry.gif

8 replies
Price Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 9

Is that the one that makes the 1/2 pearl? I have been thinking about getting it, but wasn't sure if I should.

onlymadaresane Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:34am
post #3 of 9

whatever tips and such you have please tell!!

I'm getting ready to order my first set!

lngo Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:50am
post #4 of 9

I love mine too. At first I was worried about the flat back, but it's not that noticeable if you're using it as a border. That small flatness actually helps to adhere it to the cake. All I did was roll a a fondant snake in shortening then press into the mold. Amazingly easy and totally worth what I paid.

samiam22 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:51am
post #5 of 9

I have struggled with mine a bit...did you pop yours in the freezer? gumpaste or fondant? I have tried both and they tend to break into smaller sections,cornstarch or ps or nothing?...sorry so many questions.TIA....Happy for your success

tootsie927 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:59am
post #6 of 9

I have a few of the First Impression Molds, the are the best! I highly recommend.

samiam22 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 1:13am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lngo

I love mine too. At first I was worried about the flat back, but it's not that noticeable if you're using it as a border. That small flatness actually helps to adhere it to the cake. All I did was roll a a fondant snake in shortening then press into the mold. Amazingly easy and totally worth what I paid.

Thanks for the scoop..I will just try the fondant and Crisco next time..skip the ps and cornstarch.

Price Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 1:15am
post #8 of 9

Mine just came yesterday. Can't wait to get time to experiment with it. I'm wondering too, do I need to dust it with powdered sugar or luster dust to prevent sticking?

HarleyDee Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 4:49pm
post #9 of 9

I ordered a pearl border and silly me didn't even think to look at the brand. When I got it, it was a 360 degree mold. So now I have to go back and order a First Impressions flat back mold icon_smile.gif Glad you like it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%