Fbct

Decorating By Krysten3 Updated 12 Feb 2010 , 5:38pm by Krysten3

Krysten3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krysten3 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 7

I'm making a cake for my brother and he wants Cream Cheese icing, and also wants it to be Raiders themed. I've searched through posts and found that people have had trouble with doing a CC FBCT. If I were to do a(crusting) CC FBCT and the base icing on the cake was the same CC icing, would it work that way? My other thought was to make a fondant plaque of the Raiders logo but I'm worried that I wont get the small details right. Thoughts?

6 replies
Lee9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee9 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 7

Sorry I can't help I've never done FBCT using cream cheese.

Marniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marniela Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 7

I just did a FBCT using the "Decorators Cream Cheese Icing" recipe from this site and it worked great! It is the Olympic Mascot cake in my pictures. I used Sweetex (High ratio) shortening in my icing... not sure if that would make a difference or not, and it was delicious!! Oh, and yes, the icing crusts nicely icon_smile.gif

CWIL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWIL Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 7

What is FBCT?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 5:10pm
post #5 of 7

FBCT=frozen butter cream transfer

Krysten3 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 5:35pm
post #6 of 7

I'm so glad it worked for someone! Think I will go ahead and give it a try, thanks for the replies icon_smile.gif

Krysten3 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 5:38pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marniela

I just did a FBCT using the "Decorators Cream Cheese Icing" recipe from this site and it worked great! It is the Olympic Mascot cake in my pictures. I used Sweetex (High ratio) shortening in my icing... not sure if that would make a difference or not, and it was delicious!! Oh, and yes, the icing crusts nicely icon_smile.gif

Wow that turned out great! This will be my first FBCT so I hope it turns out good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%