How Do You Price Cookie Bouquets?

Decorating By jack109 Updated 13 Feb 2010 , 5:24pm by momg9

jack109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jack109 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 3

I just did cookie bouquets for a friend....for free of course, but I wanted to know what to charge should someone else ask. I am doing six cookies per bouquet, an engagement ring, a hand with ring on it, a heart decorated in two colors, a heart with a raise initial, a champagne glass and a wedding bell. Also in the bouquet are 3 chocolate covered marshmallows on sticks and a bag of 6 white and milk chocolate pretzels. Anyone have any idea on how to price these? I did a search and couldn't find anything.

2 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 3

Your cost + your time = your price.

Same as pricing any of our products. Figure out all of your costs, including ingredients, supplies, utilities etc., add in how much you want to make for your time and there's your price.

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 3

I charge a $7 base charge + $4 per cookie. That is for an assortment of cookies that are different sizes. It averages out to around $1 per inch for each cookie. If someone wanted say, 6 - 5 inch cookies, then I would charge $5 for each cookie + the base charge.

I find that with most of my bouquets the cookies range from 2 - 5 inches, so this pricing is easier on me. I always make sure to include at least 3 large cookies and I add to that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%